Week #4 - General Football Talk

RaidersAreOne

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

brees is pretty much washed, its been obvious for a while now. he'll have some bright spots now and again but over the long haul hes toast. maybe pull a peyton if theyre really, really lucky.

Ok.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Flores looks good 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Flores looks like a great hiring in Miami though. But the difference is, Flores came off an absolutely dominant defensive year, and also has a leadership personality. 

Patricia cane off a laughable defensive year, and does NOT have a leadership personality. Anyone listen to that guy talk? I don’t know how anyone can take his voice seriously. 

I do like what Flores is doing (though he isn't exactly a success story, yet), but if he pans out, he'll be the first of what, like 7 guys? I'm just saying, there has long been a process of just poaching the biggest name coordinator on the top team, and there's been a clear trend of that not working with the Pats guys, but teams keep going to that well anyway.

Just now, Forge said:

Wow, that was just a pretty pass by Brady. Howard getting a couple of steps and it was over 

Yeah. Honestly I don’t think younger fans in general appreciate how efficient the deep passing game hasn’t gotten. 10-15 years ago and those were plays where you held your breath hoping the receiver pulls it in, now it’s almost automatic if the QB has any touch 

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

I do like what Flores is doing (though he isn't exactly a success story, yet), but if he pans out, he'll be the first of what, like 7 guys? I'm just saying, there has long been a process of just poaching the biggest name coordinator on the top team, and there's been a clear trend of that not working with the Pats guys, but teams keep going to that well anyway.

Mike Vrabel looks like a tremendous defensive play caller as well, and a true leader amongst men that has the teams respect. 

Burns led the FBS in pressures and it wasn’t close. I remember draft people kept tanking his stock saying he’s undersized. 

Production is always king. VanS may disagree though lmao. 

He's kind of on the light side but it doesn't even matter.  OTs can't handle his first step.  Reminds me of DeMarcus Ware.  Obviously not saying he's as good overall as Ware, but his first step is similar.  Once he gets that step on you it's a wrap.  And he's got the bend to work his way back into the pocket too.  

I think he was #2 or #3 in pressures and hits before this game.  

Just now, Jakuvious said:

The Belichick tree has had a little bit of success (Mangini, Crenell, Weis, perhaps Flores) but nobody has done it for a consistent period. Flores seems like the best leader/intangible guy the Patriots have had leave the organization.

7 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Doesn't need a deep ball if he can still throw accurate in the short/intermediate game, which has shown for the past few years. He still has shown he can do that...And will get the best WR in football back in Michael Thomas next week. 

Sure...and as a fan of the 49ers, I know how effective that offense can be...until it' not. It's harder to win that way if you don't have chunk yardage plays. Now, the Saints do have some special weapons, so they can probably still manufacture that, but that's separate from Brees and where he currently is as a player. 

Mike Vrabel looks like a tremendous defensive play caller as well, and a true leader amongst men that has the teams respect. 

I forgot about Vrabel bc he never coached with Belichick on a staff but yeah Vrabel has the potential to be an excellent head coach. What if Houston kept him when he was on their staff...