Week #4 - General Football Talk

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

The Belichick tree has had a little bit of success (Mangini, Crenell, Weis, perhaps Flores) but nobody has done it for a consistent period. Flores seems like the best leader/intangible guy the Patriots have had leave the organization.

Based on that list, you have a very different definition of success than I do. One winning season followed by the team turning to trash is not success. The Titanic didn't have a little bit of success because it continued floating for a little while after hitting the iceberg.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

He was dinged for a little earlier but I think we're just switching it up, I'm pretty sure he's good enough to go back into the game.

I've been very impressed with him so far this year for you guys all things considered. And he was impressive for the Seahawks years ago. He was a guy that a lot of Niners fans liked as a pick when we took him and for whatever reason, he simply never panned out with us. 

Just now, Jakuvious said:

Based on that list, you have a very different definition of success than I do. One winning season followed by the team turning to trash is not success. The Titanic didn't have a little bit of success because it continued floating for a little while after hitting the iceberg.

Mangini led a team to the playoffs. I think all of those coaches have competed seasons with winning records. The problem has been there’s zero type of consistent success beyond a “surprising” run.

Just now, BayRaider said:

True, same philosophy and style though. 

But nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the flawed logic GMs and owners use hiring Patriots coordinators just because they're Patriots coordinators. Vrabel doesn't fit that problem. Vrabel got promoted through the ranks because of the work he did. Not because of proximity to a great head coach.