Week #4 - General Football Talk

RaidersAreOne

Just now, wackywabbit said:

I would have thought Dak and the receivers would have had more success against the Browns' secondary. Is it more a bad Dak game or the Browns' D-line doing work?

Myles is killing them. Our secondary has been getting torched when Dak has time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Myles is killing them. Our secondary has been getting torched when Dak has time.

Our secondary has also been playing better since the first quarter. It looked like Dak was on the verge of throwing for 500+ yards against us.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you don't think that it's harder to consistently put together 15 play drives because you can't get the ball downfield, I don't know what to tell you. 

Any fan who had Alex Smith as a starting quarterback knows 

For starters you are comparing Alex Smith to Brees. Secondly I don't recall a WR of Michael Thomas's caliber in the short/intermediate game. Thirdly, I don't recall a RB that can make plays out of the backfield like Kamara. Brees for the past 3 to 4 years has had one of the lowest ADOT's in football, but has been insanely efficient during that span. It's been a very successful offensive design for us, but I can see why it wouldn't work out for a team like the 49ers

Just now, iknowcool said:

Does Mike McCarthy even last a season?  I feel like Jerry Jones' expectations are super duper high considering he hired to fire/"not re-sign"Jason Garrett over it

Certainly. You can definitely sell me on this McCarthy/Prescott not lasting long for sure.

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

Does Mike McCarthy even last a season?  I feel like Jerry Jones' expectations are super duper high considering he hired to fire/"not re-sign"Jason Garrett over it

He will...but I don't know that he lasts more than one season at this point. 

The question is, who is the "name" Jerry will want? Does he target someone like Roman? Throw 10+ million at Riley even though he's lost twice this year already?