What WFT players reasonably have trade value? What is it?

MikeT14

The first, and most obvious, is Ryan Kerrigan. He's 32. Still has gas in the tank, and is in the final year of his contract where someone might be able to recoup something for him if he walks. I don't think you sell him for anything less than a 3rd.

Thomas Davis. Good leader for the locker-room. Injuries may have hit teams that need a linebacker to plug and play. You're probably not looking at anything more than a 7th or pick swap

Ryan Anderson. The coaching staff doesn't have much faith in him. His snaps were low the first two weeks until injuries forced him in more in Week 3. He was pretty non-existent. Someone might love him for 1st and 2nd downs due to injuries. Might be able to get a 6th

Anyone else? Inman? Darby?

If you’re trading Kerrigan - which we should - we shouldn’t also trade Ryan Anderson. Chase Young is already missing next weeks game w/ his groin injury, Ioannidis is out for the year.

The only player I’d trade is Kerrigan on this team and possibly Darby to a contender.

I love Landon Collins in the box but he struggles in coverage. I’d consider trading him if we’re going to tank but I don’t think we can trade him bc of his contract.

What was Inman’s injury? It looked like a hand or a wrist which he hurt. It looked serious as he was taken to the lockeroom and didn’t return but I haven’t heard any updates on his injury, has anyone?

Edited by turtle28

Adrian Peterson and probably Sean Davis.  Oh wait, darn we cut them.

Alex Smith? 

I would consider trading Settle.  I think he is very good, but better suited to a 3-4. 

Obviously if we are burning the season Kerrigan is on the top of everyone's mind.  But that discussion always comes back to is the value we get worth it.  If you don't get a 3rd rounder or better it makes no sense.

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

Adrian Peterson and probably Sean Davis.  Oh wait, darn we cut them.

Alex Smith? 

I would consider trading Settle.  I think he is very good, but better suited to a 3-4. 

Obviously if we are burning the season Kerrigan is on the top of everyone's mind.  But that discussion always comes back to is the value we get worth it.  If you don't get a 3rd rounder or better it makes no sense.

After losing Ioannidis for the year it wouldn’t make sense to trade Settle. They have no other good depth at DT other than Settle.

41 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If you’re trading Kerrigan - which we should - we shouldn’t also trade Ryan Anderson. Chase Young is already missing next weeks game w/ his groin injury, Ioannidis is out for the year.

The only player I’d trade is Kerrigan on this team and possibly Darby to a contender.

I love Landon Collins in the box but he struggles in coverage. I’d consider trading him if we’re going to tank but I don’t think we can trade him bc of his contract.

What was Inman’s injury? It looked like a hand or a wrist which he hurt. It looked serious as he was taken to the lockeroom and didn’t return but I haven’t heard any updates on his injury, has anyone?

That'd be an interesting flip from you to trade Collins. What's the minimum you would take? There's an out after next season so it might not be unreasonable. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That'd be an interesting flip from you to trade Collins. What's the minimum you would take? There's an out after next season so it might not be unreasonable. 

I just think if we’re talking about tanking then you trade the players with value - which most of us think we should’ve done last year instead of what we did do.

I guess the lowest I’d take is a 3rd but again I don’t think they trade him and I don’t think his contract is tradeable.

If the Ravens couldn’t trade Earl Thomas how do we expect to be able to trade Collins?

I guess maybe bc Collins isn’t a problem in the lockeroom and is a team leader?

14 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Hey, I come in peace as a Ravens fan. Lots of talk of us trading for another pass rusher in season, specifically Kerrigan. Haven't watched too many Redskins games recently, what can you tell me about him at this stage of his career? Can he still win his 1-on-1 matchups and how much do you think he has left in the tank?

He is still a good pas rusher. He’s never been elite, he can definitely still win most one on one match ups. He is strictly a LOLB though, he doesn’t rush much at all from the right side bc he has hearing loss in his left ear.

He had two sacks in week 1 vs the Eagles. He’s still a solid player.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He is still a good pas rusher. He’s never been elite, he can definitely still win most one on one match ups. He is strictly a LOLB though, he doesn’t rush much at all from the right side bc he has hearing loss in his left ear.

He had two sacks in week 1 vs the Eagles in week 1. He’s still a solid player.

Thanks. That's still a huge upgrade for us. We don't have anyone on the roster that has proven they can consistently win their 1-on-1 matchups from the edge; all our pressure is either schemed or a result of sending additional blitzers. I know the OP said the team should look for a 3rd, but given his age, would the team be willing to part with him for say a 4th?

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Thanks. That's still a huge upgrade for us. We don't have anyone on the roster that has proven they can consistently win their 1-on-1 matchups from the edge; all our pressure is either schemed or a result of sending additional blitzers. I know the OP said the team should look for a 3rd, but given his age, would the team be willing to part with him for say a 4th?

Well Judon can right? I think Kerrigan would be a great addition for the Ravens but I also don’t think Dan Snyder will trade him. So, so doubt he gets traded. A lot of Washington fans wanted to trade a Kerrigan to the Ravens last October and get back a mid round pick. It would’ve helped you all’s pass rush for the playoffs and we could’ve gotten another pick to help rebuild our young team.

16 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

It'll take more than a 4th is my guess. Where you all will finish makes it practically a 4th anyway (value is 120). He's the best of what is available out there and would be a huge upgrade. The Ravens need people to get after Mahomes, and this is probably the best available to do that. If he leaves, you could get a comp pick back. 

If you wanted something like your 2nd for Kerrigan and a 4th, then maybe (270 minus 100 is 170 or a mid 3rd) . 

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Well Judon can right? I think Kerrigan would be a great addition for the Ravens but I also don’t think Dan Snyder will trade him. So, so doubt he gets traded. A lot of Washington fans wanted to trade a Kerrigan to the Ravens last October and get back a mid round pick. It would’ve helped you all’s pass rush for the playoffs and we could’ve gotten another pick to help rebuild our young team.

Not consistently. A lot of Judons sacks are by design, against inferior competition, or coverage sacks. Yeah, having Kerrigan last year would of been a huge boon in the playoffs, but it is what it is.

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It'll take more than a 4th is my guess. Where you all will finish makes it practically a 4th anyway (value is 120). He's the best of what is available out there and would be a huge upgrade. The Ravens need people to get after Mahomes, and this is probably the best available to do that. If he leaves, you could get a comp pick back. 

If you wanted something like your 2nd for Kerrigan and a 4th, then maybe (270 minus 100 is 170 or a mid 3rd) . 

I feel like EDC wouldn't like either of those trades given age and the contract situation; just based on his previous trades so far. At this stage of his career, I feel like Kerrigan isn't probably going to command more than a 4th round comp pick, so what makes you against that value?

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Not consistently. A lot of Judons sacks are by design, against inferior competition, or coverage sacks. Yeah, having Kerrigan last year would of been a huge boon in the playoffs, but it is what it is.

I feel like EDC wouldn't like either of those trades given age and the contract situation; just based on his previous trades so far. At this stage of his career, I feel like Kerrigan isn't probably going to command more than a 4th round comp pick, so what makes you against that value?

Because they could probably get that if we walks at the end of the season, so I think they would hold him. It's less than what guys like Fowler went for. 

• Like 1