What WFT players reasonably have trade value? What is it?

MikeT14

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Well, what's Dwayne's? lol

The problem is finding a team that needs a QB reclamation project. 

Bucs - Brady is old, but they already picked up Rosen.  A possibility but its not like they are desperate.

Saints - They also have a reclamation project on the roster in Winston.  Taysom Hill will also likely get a shot.  I don't see it. 

Falcons - If they go full rebuild I could see them wanting Haskins.  They don't have a developmental QB on the roster and Haskins is a similar style to Ryan.  This one makes some sense.  

Cowboys - I can't see Dan approving this.

Vikings - They stole Cousins from us.  Would be difficult seeing Dan approving this trade.  

Steelers - They have a few drafted QBs already on the roster.  A possibility but idk that Haskins is any better than what they already have.

Lions - They've shown no signs of wanting to move on from Stafford, but if they go full rebuild I guess its a maybe.

Raiders - I don't think you can discount this simply because Gruden likes collecting QBs.  Mayock seems to like Ohio state players too.

49ers - Can't see Dan approving a trade to Shanahan.

Colts - They have one of the weakest QB depth charts in the league.  I could see them being interested.

Patriots - Who knows what Belichick will do?  Cam's only on a 1 year deal.  

Panthers - They seem set on Teddy but who knows.

Jaguars - They seem content with Minshew and I doubt Jay would say anything good about Haskins to management.

Bears - All of their QBs are mediocre.  Maybe?

Jets - They are most likely taking a high QB in this upcoming draft so I don't see it.

Broncos - Haskins is a similar prospect to Drew Lock.  Could be competition.  

Mostly like imo would be Falcons, Colts, or Bears.  I can't imagine a ton of interest league wide.  I doubt we get more than a 4th round pick for him.  

• Like 1

@MKnight82 Atlanta makes the most sense to me as to someone who’d want Haskins. Could be next year he’s still on our team as a back up competing with our rookie & Kyle Allen - likely Fields or Task - to be the starter in the 2021 season.

I think this is Alex’s last year on our QB depth chart. Next he’ll either be in someone’s booth analyzing games or before/after games, he’ll be on our coaching staff or in the front office. 

They’d be foolish to keep Alex @ $21 million cap hit next year.

So, he’s gone, Haskins could still be a back up.

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

I thought Dwayne's value at the draft this year was around a second rounder. Now? Probably 4th or 5 rounder.

I don’t know if it’s that low. He’s started 11 games basically 3/4 of one season and his stats are:

60%, 2300 yds, 11 TDs, 7 ints, 80 rtg

That’s better than Josh Rosen showed in AZ. Teams could see him as a back up they want to groom to hopefully be a starter in the way NO sees Jameis Winston right now - frankly, I think Rivera sees him like that right now and we’ll see if he improves his study/practice habits throughout the year and matures.

I think we’d get a 2nd for Haskins, at worst 3rd.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Trade Settle to the Bucs.  Personally, I am a fan of Settle but if we want to keep Allen and Payne we might have to let someone go.

They paid Ioannidis. One of the Alabama wall will get dealt at some point and Settle will stay as a rotational piece. 

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

To me Haskins = Jacoby Brissett. Why would the Colts trade for the same guy?

Age (what 3-4 years younger?), contract (length and amount and he's a FA after this year). I mean at this rate I'd rather keep Brisset as he's been better than Haskins, but that would be the reasons. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

They paid Ioannidis. One of the Alabama wall will get dealt at some point and Settle will stay as a rotational piece. 

Allen will get paid bc he’s a leader on the team - well maybe not, I thought that mattered but Rivera just benched Haskins a team captain - Ioannidis & Payne are up for new contracts the same year. Payne is 3 years younger - Ioannidis  would be 29 - Payne would be 26 the same year.

Settle is in between Allen & Payne on his contract getting up. I think Settle will not be re-signed bc he can get a starting job as a NT somewhere else and that isn’t here.

Then, the question becomes do you give Payne a LTD bc the next year you have to pay Sweat and then Young who could command a $200 million contract.

It’s likely that Payne & Ioannidis aren’t re-signed by the team long term and we draft another NT to replace them in round 1 or 2 in 2026.

Edited by turtle28

46 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Age (what 3-4 years younger?), contract (length and amount and he's a FA after this year). I mean at this rate I'd rather keep Brisset as he's been better than Haskins, but that would be the reasons. 

Very true, good point. I think ATL makes a lot of sense for Haskins to learn under Matt Ryan.