Steelers/Titans game Rescheduled to Week 7; Steelers/Ravens to Week 8

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I want to say BS, but I wouldn't be surprised if the NFL essentially tries to ease the burden by blaming Tennessee for not following protocols. 

Good, no reason to let a single team ruin the season, be different if we were experiencing this with multiple teams.

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

If the Titans have to forfeit for this week, the. The Steelers should get a win for week 4 and get their bye back.

this

although it would be unfair to other AFC teams since Bills and steelers are going to be in the playoff hunt. This is a mess

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Patriots have 2 cases. I've lost track of the Titans count. To say the Pats won't play is way too premature.

Here’s the problem with this. The Pats were basically forced to play and travel when they knew they had one prominent player who had it and everyone knew their was an incubation period. 

So a player who had it traveled with team and was with the team for two days (likely he had it longer) because the NFL was greedy and instead of stopping the game like they did with the Titans, they decided to ignore the basic science behind this. 

So now the Patriots likely have an outbreak because the NFL wouldn’t shut them down when they should have and compromised all their players and some Chiefs players. 

So because of the NFL’s stupidity the Patriots might have to forfeit a very winnable Broncos game when they are in a division race with the race and don’t really have much room (and this was after they were forced to play Monday without a QB when a Covid outbreak was likely happening, in another game they could have won). 

This whole thing is just stupid. As of right now there is a flaw with the delay in NFL testing and the league itself is probably culpable for creating an outbreak 

24 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Question... Does merely suggesting shutting down the whole season violate this decree? Just curious.

No, that's actually conversation we WANT - discussion about football as it relates to the virus. Reschedules, forfeitures, punishments for violations, the NFLs response to the pandemic - all above board on this one.

What we DON'T want is fear mongering, conspiracy theories, political viewpoints and personal opinions on the current mandates. This isn't the place to discuss the usefulness of masks, the mortality rates across age groups, responses from our elected officials, etc. While the politics one is pretty much across every topic on the site - everything else CAN be discussed over in TAST, where we have a very in depth thread on Covid-19.

It's uncharted territory, so we're being mindful - nobody is going to get in trouble unless they blatantly disregard the rules and then refuse to listen to redirection from myself or @TheKillerNacho

Hope this clarifies it. I've received a few PMs and I am very open to dialogue on this. If you have a question - please, please ask. I'm here to clarify anything (as well as admit when I don't know something...)

Thanks!

- ET

• Like 2