Steelers/Titans game Rescheduled to Week 7; Steelers/Ravens to Week 8

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

It sucks, but it isn't like 3 straight road games is a rare thing.  It happens to multiple teams every year.  Cardinals have 3 road games Week 4-6, Eagles have a stretch after the bye where 5 of their 7 games are on the road, the Washington Football Team has 3 straight road games Week 12-Week 14 and 4 out of 5 on the road.  Unfortunate, but doesn't warrant complaining for the rest of the season.  Steelers aren't alone.

When a team is being forced into this situation to no fault if their own, its aggravating.

I dont blame the Titans....I blame the NFL.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, feel like the additional PS was made for these situations. 

Feel like Tennessee should get penalized/be forced to play with what they have. They're the team that wasn't careful/had the outbreak when all coaches/personnel were told they had to be extremely careful. All this does is allow them to have everyone 4-5 weeks from now on a rematch and alters their bye (while also forcing the Steelers to have an early one).

If it's true the Titans had another player and personnel member test positive today, then this decision is to help and protect the Steelers as much as anything else.  Yea, it sucks for the Steelers to lose their bye so early, but do you think their players and coaches want to be on the same field as a team that could likely be having an outbreak?  It isn't as simple as just forcing the Titans to play who they have when by Saturday night it's possible even more people test positive. 

I don't think you can penalize a team because someone on the team got a virus that isn't exactly hard to come by these days, especially without any proof that they weren't being careful (or any less careful than the 31 other teams).  Like someone said earlier in the thread, the NFL has really just gotten lucky.  But it was bound to happen to at least one team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 43M said:

When a team is being forced into this situation to no fault if their own, its aggravating.

I dont blame the Titans....I blame the NFL.

Yeah the NFL is to blame here. They had no plan. I felt they were just kind of wishing for the best... and with no COVID yet 3 weeks in, which was a splendid job compared to MLB and NBA, it seemed like their logic was working.... oh how wrong they were. 

Although while we blame the NFL, it is kinda lame that one Titan player probably ruined this for everybody. You aren’t getting COVID if you constantly wear a mask and wash your hands anytime after you touch anything. Either he skipped those two rules, or was hanging out with people outside of work with no masks. 

So I still blame the NFL 100%, but whoever that Titan player is probably is irresponsible and sucks. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah the NFL is to blame here. They had no plan. I felt they were just kind of wishing for the best... and with no COVID yet 3 weeks in, which was a splendid job compared to MLB and NBA, it seemed like their logic was working.... oh how wrong they were. 

Although while we blame the NFL, it is kinda lame that one Titan player probably ruined this for everybody. You aren’t getting COVID if you constantly wear a mask and wash your hands anytime after you touch anything. Either he skipped those two rules, or was hanging out with people outside of work with no masks. 

So I still blame the NFL 100%, but whoever that Titan player is probably is irresponsible and sucks. 

the first case seems to have been a coach, not a player. and there are all manner of things that go beyond this rigid responsible/irresponsible dichotomy. say the guy's kid brought it home from school because their district has in-person days- what are you supposed to do? i'm not saying he didn't go out and do something stupid (after all, linebackers coaches in the nfl aren't known for being the brightest bunch lol), but to conclude that immediately is too hasty imo.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

the first case seems to have been a coach, not a player. and there are all manner of things that go beyond this rigid responsible/irresponsible dichotomy. say the guy's kid brought it home from school because their district has in-person days- what are you supposed to do? i'm not saying he didn't go out and do something stupid (after all, linebackers coaches in the nfl aren't known for being the brightest bunch lol), but to conclude that immediately is too hasty imo.

True, you have a point. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Agreed. Even without Tannehil and Henry I’d make them play. 

This isn't really about whether the Titans can field a team or not though it's about the additional positive tests this morning creating a bigger probability that the Steelers will themselves be exposed if they played next week.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, tab said:

what happened to "you play whatever team you can field?" 

You can't let them play unless you are 100% confident that the outbreak is contained. Considering someone new just tested positive today, that can't be done. If they arent sure and they let them play and spread it to the other team the problem gets even bigger. Not letting them play is the right move for now. If there weren't any new positives this week, then yes, let them play. However, that is not the case, the outbreak is growing and isnt contained. 

• Like 3