NLDS: Cubs vs. Nationals

hrubes20

Just now, DirtyDez said:

There was no clear evidence from the replay shown on tv but everyone knew his glove was on him.  I wish the NFL would would determine replays with no bearing on the call in real time.

After the call happened TBS showed both angles of the play happening simultaneously, he was pretty clearly out. 

57 minutes ago, malak1 said:

7-out save, sheesh. I hate that we had Q throw, but I’d rather be starting Lackey (?) in game 1 than be watching the Nats play the Dodgers.

Q only threw 12 pitches. Would not be shocked to see him and Lackey piggyback 

So, what the umpire wrong in not calling the play dead after Baez struck the catcher's mask?....Or is it a judgement call?....Guess if he didn't see or hear the contact, than how can make a ruling?....

As for Scherzer, it didn't seem like he made terrible pitches.....Just seemed like the Cubs knew where he was throwing and what....It's just a shame he couldn't have had a better outing....

3 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

So, what the umpire wrong in not calling the play dead after Baez struck the catcher's mask?....Or is it a judgement call?....Guess if he didn't see or hear the contact, than how can make a ruling?....

As for Scherzer, it didn't seem like he made terrible pitches.....Just seemed like the Cubs knew where he was throwing and what....It's just a shame he couldn't have had a better outing....

The rule is that yes, it is a judgment call.  The rule needs to be changed so that it can be reviewed, as Javy clearly hit him.  

Scherzer got babip'd against Contreras and Zobrist.  Russell had a solid hit on his double, but after that it was just more bad luck for him.

Archived