Former HCs vs their old teams?

ET80

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

This Sunday, the 0-3 Vikings travel to Houston to face the 0-3 Texans. This game is going to be a comedy of errors, if we're to believe each respective fan base.

Here's something interesting in what's bound to be a disaster of a football game - Vikings OC Gary Kubiak and Vikings Defensive Assistant Dom Capers were both former Houston Texans HCs. 

(Sidenote: This assures me that Bill O'Brien will one day work for the Vikings. Whether it's as a GM or OC, I don't know). 

Has your team ever faced off against an old HC? What was the outcome? Has there ever been a game where two former HCs coached against their old team?

giphy.gif

As far as the question of the actual post, back in 1998, when we went 15-1, our only loss in that regular season was to the Tampa Bay Bucaneers, coached by Tony Dungy.  He was our former DC and probably knew Denny Green's offense and our personnel very well. 

The 1998 team also had Brian Billick as their OC, and he later went on to become head coach of the Super Bowl winning Ravens.  I'm pretty sure we played him as well, although I can't remember how the game came out.

Yet another one is Mike Tomlin.  He left Minnesota and won a Super Bowl with the Steelers. 

All three of the above coaches came from Denny Green's coaching tree, and they all won Super Bowls when they became head coaches.  It's too bad none of them could have actually won one before they left Minnesota.  SMH.  Sigh.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1