Chase Young out vs Ravens, Ryan Anderson and Dontrelle Inman not practicing

turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It sounds like Isaiah Wright time to me folks!

I’m okay with chase sitting. Don’t risk some sort of tear or further issue with the groin hopefully that allows anything lingering from his hip to heal as well. This guy is actually the definition of generational talent let’s not put him out there and risk it against a team that’s going to be hungry after being knocked by the chiefs and people questioning them.

honestly I like Wright and AGG. Hopefully one of these guys can really grow up quick. Maybe even by seasons end make the number 2 WR spot a bright spot going forward. Hopefully one of these guys can make Dwayne comfortable throwing their way with a big catch or two too help him settle in. They have tough DB’s so this is a good test for the young guys. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m okay with chase sitting. Don’t risk some sort of tear or further issue with the groin hopefully that allows anything lingering from his hip to heal as well. This guy is actually the definition of generational talent let’s not put him out there and risk it against a team that’s going to be hungry after being knocked by the chiefs and people questioning them.

honestly I like Wright and AGG. Hopefully one of these guys can really grow up quick. Maybe even by seasons end make the number 2 WR spot a bright spot going forward. Hopefully one of these guys can make Dwayne comfortable throwing their way with a big catch or two too help him settle in. They have tough DB’s so this is a good test for the young guys. 

Agreed about Wright and AGG. I have faith that they’ll continue to make strides and by the end of the season one of them can look like a #2. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed about Wright and AGG. I have faith that they’ll continue to make strides and by the end of the season one of them can look like a #2. 

Right like I know we look ugly but I mean we literally changed everything and we have a QB in his 4th scheme in 3 years. Like I get the legs tank let’s trade what the heck but I mean we are literally young as heck and we expect with no offseason we’re just supposed to come out like a well oiled machine. I actually am really excited about this roster. We have two smaller school guys competing at WR for a opportunity at the #2 gig.

Personally I’m very excited to see Holecomb on defense. He has a nose for the ball and I think that unit would have really had a different look against AZ. KPL is fast and I think they both are good solid players. 

I expect a lot more from Landon. I believe he will settle down I think he’s trying to do to much. Just make the tackle just make your play. I like Curl he covers very well and he can smack a guy and he’s a 7th rounder. When we are actually defending TE’s from catching passes and getting open it’s Curl. I think I expected that more from Hudson but to have a 7th rounder making that type of impact early is gold. Ultimately I think we can get a FS in this draft. Also a draft point, check out Asante Samuel JR. man I was all over some Antion Winfield JR Samuel looks sweet at CB. 

Losing Matt hurts but I do want to see what we have in Settle because ultimately this line is going to have to have guys pass the torch with guys like Chase and Sweat and Payne which are the 3 I keep if I’m making business decisions. Payne gets the best push. He’s the biggest impact against the run and he alters lanes. His numbers don’t jump out but he gets the double. That tells me what I need to know about that guy.

The OL is competing for the guys we have. Sadly we lost a top 5 pick and somehow blocked better. Christian just doesn’t have the power to go against a freak like Garrett. But he’s out there competing. OL’s have to have continuity. So ultimately I think they will improve even though this unit needs a high pick or 2. Luckily this is a heck of a class to inject talent on a OL draft class. There’s literally so many guys some pass block aces some maulers some of the best technique I’ve seen in Sewell. Cosimi and Mayfield have really good tape against big time guys as well. 

TE Logan could be a solid 2. But man do yourself a favor and check out Brevin Jordan at the U!!!! Man he and Pitts man these guys could be #1 WR’s in the NFL. But man Brevin reminds me of Jordan Reed and he’s from the U so I mean they will always get my good graces!!! Pitts is my focus this week but I mean he has enough production already for a season highlight YouTube video. There are 2 small school TE’s I’d have to search for but man they are going to make a club look smart in the mid/ late rounds. TE and LT are the biggest Need positions.

im not going to judge anything I see from Dwayne this early but the good thing is he has nowhere to go but up. And I do think the back half of this season were going to see a completely different guy. Just my opinion

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This is also why I said we need to get a look at the guys on the roster before going on a spending spree. Remember, I was the one who wanted to see what we had in Demetric Evans instead of trading for Jason Taylor. 

Next.Man.Up

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Golden had a nice block earlier in the game. He should eventually catch these passes. Growing pains. You are right Wright and Golden have excellent opportunities. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is also why I said we need to get a look at the guys on the roster before going on a spending spree. Remember, I was the one who wanted to see what we had in Demetric Evans instead of trading for Jason Taylor.

Trading picks for Vets is a dangerous game!!! We def used to waist picks because we just didn’t value draft. Sadly I can’t remember who they picked with that second but I remember it being a good pick for their team if I’m remembering right. But between losing a high pick generally adding or just picking up the players deal is what makes it so risky because it’s all for now and kills the futures.

Just this offseason we missed out on two players worth 146 million in total value. Cooper isn’t a top 5 guy at his position and we could be stuck with his lapses while we would be here benching Haskins before he even got comfortable because we’d be in win now mode. And I was okay with offering these guys contracts but the Cooper deal I wouldn’t have paid him what he got. And Hooper maybe I was closer due to the lack of a sure fire candidate in that draft.

To stick there for a second I will say if we somehow get hot and are in the 10 to 15 range I run the Pitts card in. He’s the best TE prospect I think I’ve ever watched!!! They have him blocking more this year and it’s a thing of beauty knowing he could be a teams # 1 WR that guy is a freak of nature honestly I think he could go in Vernon Davis range he’s that good!!! 

but like you said you never know what kind of player you can bury on your bench because you don’t play them and let them progress through film practice and playing against different schemes and players. I thought this offseason was one of the smartest most calculated to building around the players currently on the roster. By seasons end we will know what we actually need for the current staff. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I can’t lock myself into any one prospect at this point. Yes, we need a TE, but I can’t say that he’s going to be the best available when we pick.

I 100% agree with Thai.

Oh I don’t lock in I just focus on my tiers. 5 years of work and school I found a way to simplify my rankings because the first two years I was missing guys more then normal. The last 3 years I really found a better way to bracket my rankings based on draft range I thought they should be throughout the year. Then once I have them all pretty locked in I really dig through my notes and start plucking guys off based on where I think they will fit well. The season is just about writing down what I’m watching. Body language, or effort when their team is losing or even getting blown out. 

The first round is easier because the top guys are usually scheme diverse. Most have the ability to shine in most situations baring injury. The top guys are fun but I keep the fire of doing all of it because when you end up having a first round grade on guys that go in the 3rd like Jeremy Chin, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara. Or you have a high grade on guys like Antione Winfield JR or Darnell Savage and Helaire; then draft week you hear DJ talk him up and says he will go higher then most thought makes you feel like your dialed in. I miss but I put in a lot of time for nothing other then I’ve done it since high school and it’s a passion.

We all miss and I’m not a pro scout but I put in the time and I have guys who I trust that watch things with me that I can bounce what I see to what they see and it’s really just a group effort. It’s just fun for me and being able to bounce what I see off everyone here just makes it even better. But it’s way to early to lock in. But generally guys that I say I’m okay with at this time of the year in the first those names rarely change because they just stand out above the class. But where we pick determines the reality of who you can even be in range for. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Oh I don’t lock in I just focus on my tiers. 5 years of work and school I found a way to simplify my rankings because the first two years I was missing guys more then normal. The last 3 years I really found a better way to bracket my rankings based on draft range I thought they should be throughout the year. Then once I have them all pretty locked in I really dig through my notes and start plucking guys off based on where I think they will fit well. The season is just about writing down what I’m watching. Body language, or effort when their team is losing or even getting blown out. 

The first round is easier because the top guys are usually scheme diverse. Most have the ability to shine in most situations baring injury. The top guys are fun but I keep the fire of doing all of it because when you end up having a first round grade on guys that go in the 3rd like Jeremy Chin, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara. Or you have a high grade on guys like Antione Winfield JR or Darnell Savage and Helaire; then draft week you hear DJ talk him up and says he will go higher then most thought makes you feel like your dialed in. I miss but I put in a lot of time for nothing other then I’ve done it since high school and it’s a passion.

We all miss and I’m not a pro scout but I put in the time and I have guys who I trust that watch things with me that I can bounce what I see to what they see and it’s really just a group effort. It’s just fun for me and being able to bounce what I see off everyone here just makes it even better. But it’s way to early to lock in. But generally guys that I say I’m okay with at this time of the year in the first those names rarely change because they just stand out above the class. But where we pick determines the reality of who you can even be in range for. 

I get it, but we’re 6-7 months from the draft and can change and usually does in that time frame other than who the top QBs will be and a few other players.