Week For Game Day Thread: Atlanta Falcons at Green bay Packers

MacReady

Monday, October 5th at 7:15 PM CST. 

The Packers are undefeated going up against the 0-3 Falcons

My predictions this week:

Aaron Rodgers throws his first interception early, then throws 5 touchdown passes.
The Packers hold the Falcons under 20.
Packers have three interceptions.
MVS gets back to a 100 yard game.
Krys Barnes gets an interception.

My predictions last week:

Darnell Savage gets an interception.
AJ Dillon gets unleashed earlier and has 50 yards rushing.
Deguara has a catch on a fullback screen.

Dean Lowry continues to suck.
MVS has zero drops

Packers are 5th in the PFT power rankings. 

They need to be higher.  Only teams who should rank higher than the Packers right now are the Chiefs, Ravens and Patriots.

My Current Power Ranking (Based on a team's likelihood to win the Super Bowl this year):

1. Chiefs (Back to the top)
2. Ravens (Down a point)
3. Patriots (Younger, cheaper QB, same elite defense)
4. Packers (Defense has to change its mentality.  That's it)
5. Titans (Tannehill and that defense keep it up and they've got a shot)
6. Bills (That defense is going to stay legit I think, and if Allen turns into 2019 Tannehill they've got a legit shot)
7. Steelers (would be higher if they had recent postseason experience)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

Is Dillon just not needed, or did I miss something about injury or doghouse with the guy?

He sure looked ready to run, from what I saw, but pass pro is often the thing  with the young guys.

he was 3 games into his rookie season and against a very good team. Better to rely on vets imo.

if he taysom'd for us and we lost the game we'd be saying to bench him until December.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

he was 3 games into his rookie season and against a very good team. Better to rely on vets imo.

I see this the same way. In games that are not as close, with less playoff implications, the rook will get his feet wet and hopefully be a beast by season's end.  We have the luxury of having our 1st and 2nd rounders going through a little maturation process.  I hope both of them pan out, AJD much sooner than JL, of course.

I'm worried about this game. they're offense has been pretty prolific and I'm not sold on our defense being able to stop it. I know they haven't been the best team, but they probably should be better than the record and it feels like they're going to go into this backs against the wall. Thinks we pull it off but not by the extent we expect

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Rodgers isn't throwing a pick against this team unless it's a hail mary at the end of the first half or a botched route by a WR.

It’s usually the teams you don’t expect him to throw his first interception of the season to that he does.

Eagles at home, Buffalo at home (both week 4), Seattle at home (week 1), at Minnesota (week 2), Rams at home (week 5)...