Week For Game Day Thread: Atlanta Falcons at Green bay Packers

MacReady

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

I have this weird feeling he's going to have a decent game though

I was about to add that in my post aswell, just in case of it happening I wont look like such an ***.

I was also going to mention our defense is going to get 40 hung on them. But let's hope they finally step up and show out for 4 quarters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Welp, no Davante tonight. This game suddenly got a whole lot more interesting with both Julio/Ridley playing vs this Packers defense

I don' t know if anyone else is willing to criticize Davante because he's so well liked but this really was kind of a selfish and stupid move on his part.

He gave the falcons extra opportunity to game plan for him being out ( I think most people thought he was going to play) and also criticized the team on social media. It's not a huge deal, but I'm not a fan of it and wasn't strategically smart either.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don' t know if anyone else is willing to criticize Davante because he's so well liked but this really was kind of a selfish and stupid move on his part.

He gave the falcons extra opportunity to game plan for him being out ( I think most people thought he was going to play) and also criticized the team on social media. It's not a huge deal, but I'm not a fan of it and wasn't strategically smart either.

Agreed completely. This pissed me off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think he did it to honestly try and play tonight. Because if he says he is healthy there is going to be upset fans.

But to be far to the packers, Adams should be happy he is on a team that has doctors that hold guys out. There are lots of stories of doctors telling guys they are ok when really they aren’t, just so they are on the field. M. Wiley always talks about how his now friend , who was a team doctor, told him years later that when he told him he could play.... that in actuality he shouldn’t of.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I think he did it to honestly try and play tonight. Because if he says he is healthy there is going to be upset fans.

But to be far to the packers, Adams should be happy he is on a team that has doctors that hold guys out. There are lots of stories of doctors telling guys they are ok when really they aren’t, just so they are on the field. M. Wiley always talks about how his now friend , who was a team doctor, told him years later that when he told him he could play.... that in actuality he shouldn’t of.

I don't care what the reasoning is. Address it with MLF behind closed doors. No place for it on social media.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

We played him all last year on a toe not at 100%

I think it comes down to injuries that have a chance to become worse.

I don’t know the details of the toe last year but maybe at that point when he came back it was the discussion... it won’t get better until surgery. It will just be like this and you have to deal with the pain, until the offseason. So it was like ok let’s play on it, can’t make it worse.

The hamstring is clearly something that can get worse and be a bigger issue the whole season.

Seems like the doctors in GB don’t mind letting players play if the injury can’t get worse... even if they are less than 100%.

Edited by Green19

1 minute ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Also yeah total diva move on his part. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt as it’s the first time I can remember anything like this out of him but something to keep an eye on. 

Eh, idk if it's Diva territory. I sympathize with his desire to play. It's just not smart and probably a blatant violation of team social media policy I would imagine.

Edited by Arthur Penske

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Frankly I love it from Adams. Guy is pissed he doesn't have a say in whether he plays and clearly wants to play. Just this week, I saw at least a few coaches/teams say "it would be up to the player if he goes." Cardinals said that exact thing about Hopkins all week regarding his ankle injury he's fighting through. Hopkins played of course.  

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don't care what the reasoning is. Address it with MLF behind closed doors. No place for it on social media.

And if you busted your butt all week in practice to be told no...

Look Atlanta’s defense isn’t good... this really won’t help them regardless. By mid first quarter they would of adjusted anyways. They are missing like their starting 4 CBs. 

Adams is human and is frustrated because he likely thought he did everything required to play. Gamesmanship isn’t winning this game tonight... defense showing up and the offense using RBs and TEs will win the game.

51 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Frankly I love it from Adams. Guy is pissed he doesn't have a say in whether he plays and clearly wants to play. Just this week, I saw at least a few coaches/teams say "it would be up to the player if he goes." Cardinals said that exact thing about Hopkins all week regarding his ankle injury he's fighting through. Hopkins played of course.  

Even if that is the case, I would argue no team should ever say that publicly. It puts pressure on the player to play whether his body is ready or not to avoid looking “soft.”