Week For Game Day Thread: Atlanta Falcons at Green bay Packers

MacReady

Don't sleep on the guys like Gage, Gurley, Hill or Hurst for the Falcons. All have had good contributions to the offense. Like I've said in here before, I think Atlanta has a good shot of putting up points. I just don't think the defense can stop y'all. No matter how depleted you guys are.

• Like 1

Agree that Adams telling the Falcons he's not playing was really dumb.  

Packers are going to need to limit the Atlanta passing game.  Ridley and Jones are stud players... when healthy.  I wonder if they'll be somewhat more manageable if not that healthy?  King and Jaire are two of our best players.  It may be that our secondary will be a bad matchup for Atlanta, and they won't pass as easily as we think?  I wonder if the Packers defense might perhaps get a little more aggressive?  Ryan is not mobile.  WE've gotten precious little pass-rush thus far this season, that's been a huge disappointment.  But somehow getting some pressure on Ryan might be crucial, and might be worth taking some risks in order to make that happen?  

Who knows with the offense.  I wouldn't get overly reactive.  Run your plays and your scheme, find out what Atlanta tries to take away from you, and try to expose their vulnerabilities.  If the defense is crowding the backs and the TE's, may need to still take advantage of some deep stuff, even if it is Shepherd or Taylor or Ervin.  Probably need to make them respect the deep ball, or make them pay if they don't.  

But I don't think the offense is going to just run up and down the field.  Passing game better work.  

5 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Don't sleep on the guys like Gage, Gurley, Hill or Hurst for the Falcons. All have had good contributions to the offense. Like I've said in here before, I think Atlanta has a good shot of putting up points. I just don't think the defense can stop y'all. No matter how depleted you guys are.

Jamaal > Hill

Gage had a big game against a terrible Seahawks pass D.

Hurst is solid yet unremarkable

Gurley had <3ypc against the Cowboys. And hasnt topped 100 yards yet.

All these guys are like "there are people on this team who if you leave completely uncovered might do something." Nobody is afraid of those guys. But yes, theyre in the NFL and are capable of doing good things lol.

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Jamaal > Hill

Gage had a big game against a terrible Seahawks pass D.

Hurst is solid yet unremarkable

Gurley had <3ypc against the Cowboys. And hasnt topped 100 yards yet.

All these guys are like "there are people on this team who if you leave completely uncovered might do something." Nobody is afraid of those guys. But yes, theyre in the NFL and are capable of doing good things lol.

Idk. I think Gurley still has something left in the tank. We said the same thing about Adrian Peterson a couple years ago and he ran us over. 

I'm a bit more concerned about Hurst though if P. Smith thinks he's great in coverage and can prove it, it just might make Hurst a non-factor. If we have Kenny Clark back tonight, it'll change the game and we may be able to finally blowout one of these teams and not surrender 25 points in a shootout...

Matt Schneidman -   The Packers currently have 51 players on their active roster. That means they have a couple hours to potentially add four more guys on the game day 55. Would expect them to include at least one WR in that group. Begelton, Foster, Scott and Winfree the four P-squad WRs.

6 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

So I think we need to prepare ourselves.

Were gonna have 75% of our best players on the bench. No Adams, Lazard, Jaire, Z, Clark and some others. 

We could easily lose this thing 35-17 with those defensive players not in. 

There’s no reason to expect this offense to score less than 37 points.

We are 5-0 without Adams under MLF. It will be a high scoring game, but with the right scheme which we saw over the first weeks we can control the clock against this D#. I am still quite confident, 36-27 GB. 

But it is too late in Austria to watch the game on a weekday unfortunately for me :( must resist looking up the score until tomorrow evening and watch relive. Wish me luck. 

Im always kind of nervous before the game starts so this week isn't much different. I think the way we are winning these games is at the coin toss. We defer and double dip. If we are able to run the ball effectively against their front I think we will win. I envision a gameplay not much different than that of last weeks game.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Tom Pelisssaro said he's hearing they are going to sit Gary and Clark too tonight but that Jiare is likely to play.

At this point, just go all the way with it. Sit Linsley, Z, Jaire and every other "questionable" guy. I'd probably sit Jones and MVS too, just to be sure.