Week For Game Day Thread: Atlanta Falcons at Green bay Packers

MacReady

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Jamaal > Hill

Gage had a big game against a terrible Seahawks pass D.

Hurst is solid yet unremarkable

Gurley had <3ypc against the Cowboys. And hasnt topped 100 yards yet.

All these guys are like "there are people on this team who if you leave completely uncovered might do something." Nobody is afraid of those guys. But yes, theyre in the NFL and are capable of doing good things lol.

I don't care if you think Jamaal is better than Hill or not. That's irrelevant and a straw man.

Gage has been performing well as the No. 3 for the last 11 games he's played. He's better than you realize.

Hurst is just scratching the surface of his potential right now with Atlanta.

OK, and Gurley had 5.0 YPC vs. the Bears. This is more about the OL giving him gaps than anything else.

All of these guys have talent and could surprise today. Don't underestimate the weapons in Atlanta at all. Then you'll start giving up 60+ yard TDs to Hurst and 30+ yard TDs to Hill.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Idk. I think Gurley still has something left in the tank. We said the same thing about Adrian Peterson a couple years ago and he ran us over. 

I'm a bit more concerned about Hurst though if P. Smith thinks he's great in coverage and can prove it, it just might make Hurst a non-factor. If we have Kenny Clark back tonight, it'll change the game and we may be able to finally blowout one of these teams and not surrender 25 points in a shootout...

Gurley has much more in the tank than people realize. And Hurst has potential to smoke Smith on some routes. He hasn't been looked at as much as he should have been early on.

3 hours ago, Green19 said:

And if you busted your butt all week in practice to be told no...

Look Atlanta’s defense isn’t good... this really won’t help them regardless. By mid first quarter they would of adjusted anyways. They are missing like their starting 4 CBs. 

Adams is human and is frustrated because he likely thought he did everything required to play. Gamesmanship isn’t winning this game tonight... defense showing up and the offense using RBs and TEs will win the game.

I still wouldn't talk about on social media because I'd realize it could be detrimental to the team.

For example, next time my employer pisses me off, I can assure you I'm not going to go on social media and call them about because it's a ***** move. I'll talk to my boss about it.

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

yikes, this is discouraging for tonight's game.

Falcons are 100% in desperation mode to save their coach's job.  Packers have no WRs to challenge a terrible secondary.  They can easily load up against the run

If their secondary is that terrible, do they need great WRs to "challenge" them? 

Philosoraptor | Know Your Meme

Also, if Tim Tebow has a thought, is it a Christian Ponder?

Edited by Arthur Penske

25 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I don't care if you think Jamaal is better than Hill or not. That's irrelevant and a straw man.

Gage has been performing well as the No. 3 for the last 11 games he's played. He's better than you realize.

Hurst is just scratching the surface of his potential right now with Atlanta.

OK, and Gurley had 5.0 YPC vs. the Bears. This is more about the OL giving him gaps than anything else.

All of these guys have talent and could surprise today. Don't underestimate the weapons in Atlanta at all. Then you'll start giving up 60+ yard TDs to Hurst and 30+ yard TDs to Hill.

Gurley has much more in the tank than people realize. And Hurst has potential to smoke Smith on some routes. He hasn't been looked at as much as he should have been early on.

Its not a straw man, I'm pointing out theyre #2 backs. Theyre fine players. But I'm not loading the box for them either.

Yes as a #3 Gage might be fine, I'm not bracketing him im lieu of the other two guys ahead of him though.

Is he, or is he just a solid TE who you have high hopes for?

Gurley isnt the HoF back Peterson is. Can he still hurt a team? Sure. Gotta make sure the fits are right.

I completely expect this to be a tight game. Youre high on your team and the role players, thats nice but I fully expect the Packers to know that the Falcons get to use 11 players on the field at a time. I havent said those players are worthless but I don't see any of those guys as markedly better talents than most squads role players. None of them would get the key if I'm drawing up a defensive gameplan.

15 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Yes as a #3 Gage might be fine, I'm not bracketing him im lieu of the other two guys ahead of him though.

Gage is the only decent no. 3 WR we've faced thus far.  Vikings - trash, Lions - trasher since they were down golladay already, Saints - also down a top guy.  Chandon Sullivan gets his first actual test.

17 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I havent said those players are worthless but I don't see any of those guys as markedly better talents than most squads role players. None of them would get the key if I'm drawing up a defensive gameplan.

The falcons have simultaneously the best weapons and the most weapons we've faced.  That's a dangerous combo.  Gurley is gonna see the lightest boxes he's ever seen in his career vs GB.

13 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Gage is the only decent no. 3 WR we've faced thus far.  Vikings - trash, Lions - trasher since they were down golladay already, Saints - also down a top guy.  Chandon Sullivan gets his first actual test.

The falcons have simultaneously the best weapons and the most weapons we've faced.  That's a dangerous combo.  Gurley is gonna see the lightest boxes he's ever seen in his career vs GB.

So Justin Jefferson isnt any good then? Danny Amendola isnt a decent slot?  

Some of these other arguments against GB being deficient at WR talent compared to the league are going to start falling apart soon if every 3/4 teams arent as stocked as GB..

Cant be any lighter then the boxes he faced in a Rams J against GB lol. 

Again. I expect this to be a tough game. I put money on the falcons spread. What do you do though, play a safety down to stop the other guys or play your safeties back to try to contain Julio and Ridley?

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

So Justin Jefferson isnt any good then

I would count him as the No. 2?  Chad Beebe/Bisi johnson is the 3.  Bad.

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Danny Amendola isnt a decent slot? 

no, he's pretty bad.  And he was operating as the No. 2 guy with Golladay out behind Marvin Jones.

7 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Cant be any lighter then the boxes he faced in a Rams J against GB lol. 

Of course it will be.  Rams run the ball a lot, Falcons are much more pass oriented.  Gurley used to stir the drink, but now he's being asked to be complementary.  As you say, GB is always a light box, but this should be diet run defense.

9 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

What do you do though, play a safety down to stop the other guys or play your safeties back to try to contain Julio and Ridley?

Yeah I don't think there's a great option but you have to keep deep help vs those receivers and hope the pass rush gets home.