Week For Game Day Thread: Atlanta Falcons at Green bay Packers

MacReady

11 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I would count him as the No. 2?  Chad Beebe/Bisi johnson is the 3.  Bad.

no, he's pretty bad.  And he was operating as the No. 2 guy with Golladay out behind Marvin Jones.

Of course it will be.  Rams run the ball a lot, Falcons are much more pass oriented.  Gurley used to stir the drink, but now he's being asked to be complementary.  As you say, GB is always a light box, but this should be diet run defense.

Yeah I don't think there's a great option but you have to keep deep help vs those receivers and hope the pass rush gets home.

Bisi was playing the Vikings #2 role as they made JJ "earn" it. It was very clear he was the third guy for that game. 

Amendola still played the slot. Where Chandon lines up. Hes a solid role player.  Russell logs less ypc and total yardage than Amendola on average. Im gonna put Chandon on that island and see if he survives. 

Pray Ryan gifts us a few ints and Z wrecks a game. Its a good litmus for the kind of defense we want to play. 

Also while not official, Pelissero reports that both Clark and Gary probably won't play tonight. This is also the first we've heard about the specific of Gary's injury, which Pelissero reports is a high-ankle sprain

Edited by deltarich87

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Reggie Begelton -    Dreams do become a reality. Prayers continue to get answered. #blessed #MNF Let’s Go!!!!!!

Either we run 60 times or guys like Begelton and Shepherd will get their chances. WE still have MVS to take the cover off the top and a solid set of TE's to test the middle of the field. I think this game will come down to AR staying the course and also if we can generate a pass rush. If we can stop them a few times we should be ok at home.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Also while not official, Pelissero reports that both Clark and Gary probably won't play tonight...  

Yeah....I thought something was up with Gary when news broke they were working Burks out at OLB.
Hey......he's an x-Safety....so maybe he can contribute more/better out in space than behind the OL/DL.
We shall see.

Maybe they should try to do a little bit of pass-rushing tonight?  Maybe sent both Z and Preston?  :):). 

Not sure what's been the injury story with Atlanta.  But they scored 25 and 26 points in games versus Seattle and Chicago.    

If Seattle and Chicago defenses could hold them into the mid-20's, maybe the Packers defense can step it up and do that too?  And maybe Rodgers can get us up into the 30's again, even without Adams?  

Edited by craig

30 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Bisi was playing the Vikings #2 role as they made JJ "earn" it. It was very clear he was the third guy for that game. 

that's not what the conversation is about though.  It's about the 3rd best guy and how deep a receiving corps we're about to face.  Same with amendola.

Sullivan is part of it, but it's also how we choose to deploy safety help and shadow coverage and sacrifice run stopping for pass stopping.  Matt ryan is the best passer we've faced with the best weapons and the most weapons.

8 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

that's not what the conversation is about though.  It's about the 3rd best guy and how deep a receiving corps we're about to face.  Same with amendola.

Sullivan is part of it, but it's also how we choose to deploy safety help and shadow coverage and sacrifice run stopping for pass stopping.  Matt ryan is the best passer we've faced with the best weapons and the most weapons.

Stafford and Ryan are pretty much a horse apiece but other than that yeah 

49 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Begelton had the gun show going at least.

Every pic I see of him, he just looks more ripped.  Hope it helps him with blocking.  CFL's finest, the Regal Begel gets his shot.  Could be this year's Kumerow in that he's already 27 but I think he has more upside.  Pretty close to the top of his ceiling but could contribute if he finds his place in the system.

Edited by Refugee

I’d feel a lot worse about this game if we had as many problems against Detroit as we had last year. I know parody is a thing in this league, but the falcons are really just a flashier version of what the Lions have offensively along with an equally poor defense. We’ll see, but I think we’ll be alright. 

21 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Im well aware of the convo. Its "dont sleep on so and so". Im not afraid of so and so. Im cautious about their top 2 guys. Jaire Savage Kevin and Amos should be stopping anything from going deep. I brought up those other guys because theyre the ones who lined up on Sulli. I think our depth matches up fine with their depth. Preston, and 3rd safety on Hurst isnt going to break the game I don't think. Summers has to play like he did against Kamara and he'll be ok; if he doesn't, yeah it's gonna get tough. The DL is a worry, Z has to have a huge game.

If they decide to dedicate to the run GOOD. If we can force long drives and get some stops we're in a fine spot. As long as theyre not destroying us deep with Julio and Ridley. Forcing long drives is what we're about. We're not winning a shootout (this week). Frustrate them into forcing balls downfield, maybe we can get a gift. If they put in Brian Hill I'm happier than if theyre using Gurley. If they have to beat us with Hurst and Gage then thats the way I prefer things to go down. 

If you want to say thats "sleeping on them", fine 

Edited by HighCalebR

24 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Every pic I see of him, he just looks more ripped.  Hope it helps him with blocking.  CFL's finest, the Regal Begel gets his shot.  Could be this year's Kumerow in that he's already 27 but I think he has more upside.  Pretty close to the top of his ceiling but could contribute if he finds his place in the system.

Just need one of the kids to show up tonight we still have MVS and i love it from the CFL ranks to the big time. Go Begels.

Will be interesting to see if Begelton will actually play.  Counting Ervin and Malik, they'll have 5 WR.  So not sure #5 WR will actually get any snaps.  Also interesting how much 11 versus 12 that they play.  

Maybe they'll play plenty of 11?  First, Atlanta's corners may invite that?  Second, if Lewis and Deguara are both variably injured, so that Jace and Tonyan are the only healthy TE's, we won't be playing 12 all the time.  

Who knows, maybe this will be the weird game where they play some two-RB sets, with one splitting out or something?  

If they do play a fair number of sets with three true WR (meaning non-Ervin), I wonder if Malik Taylor will get some snaps or targets?  He made the roster ahead of both Shepherd and Begelton, so a certain logic suggests it might make sense to play him some from scrimmage?