Week For Game Day Thread: Atlanta Falcons at Green bay Packers

MacReady

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I will NOT admit Rodgers was without fault in the McCarthy era.  2015 ruined him.  McCarthy didn't do him any favors, but he turned bad for a few years there. 

It's startling how wrong you are so much of the time.

So- 2015 ruined "him"?... Well, it ruined "him" so much that Rodgers produced one of the most amazing seasons a QB has ever had  for "him" the next season- go run the table with that.

1 minute ago, deathstar said:

Time is a commodity at the end of the half. Pick up a first down there and likely the Falcons don’t get the ball back. Unless you score a TD.

or you don't pick it up and give them the same amount of time?

the irony of the same people hating on the 4th and goal decision and praising the 4th and 2 decision is rich.  Just sheep following outcomes

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

ppl need to recognize the difference between analysis and complaining

if you convert the 4th down... you might score a TD (packers did) or you might kick the same FG

vs 4th and goal... if you convert the 4th down... you will score a TD.

One was a good decision, one was much more questionable

Yeah man, I'm not following the analysis you're pushing for. That was the right call and not just with hindsight.

• Like 1

Just now, skibrett15 said:

or you don't pick it up and give them the same amount of time?

the irony of the same people hating on the 4th and goal decision and praising the 4th and 2 decision is rich.  Just sheep following outcomes

I liked that they went for it on 4th and goal.

hated the shotgun

I think we just might have what it takes to be the first 19-0 team in NFL history, and in the process, be the first team with 15 or more wins to win the Super Bowl since our hated rivals did it 35 years ago (during which time we failed to do so in 2011, losing to Eli Manning and the eventual champs the Giants). I was extremely disappointed when the Panthers failed to win Super Bowl 50, losing to the other Manning brother, Peyton, and the Broncos.

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I think I am eventually going to have to admit to this, too. 

But I will NOT admit Rodgers was without fault in the McCarthy era.  2015 ruined him.  McCarthy didn't do him any favors, but he turned bad for a few years there. 

As much as I agree, are you sure about '15? I'd have put the line after his shoulder injury myself.

Just now, pf9 said:

I think we just might have what it takes to be the first 19-0 team in NFL history, and in the process, be the first team with 15 or more wins to win the Super Bowl since our hated rivals did it 35 years ago (during which time we failed to do so in 2011, losing to Eli Manning and the eventual champs the Giants). I was extremely disappointed when the Panthers failed to win Super Bowl 50, losing to the other Manning brother, Peyton, and the Broncos.

Lotta season left.