Week For Game Day Thread: Atlanta Falcons at Green bay Packers

MacReady

3 hours ago, Beast said:

If you are often noticing a DB, that's usually a bad sign, as the offense feels they can go after them...

Especially a S. Often, you can have a Polamalu making splash plays, and that's fantastic to have. A safety you don't notice is someone who may not be blowing people up, but he isn't blowing coverages, and that's what Amos' role is anyway - he's the traffic cop back there, the guy who keeps the lid on things. I'm pretty sure that no one thought he was a superstar playmaker, just a solid and dependable guy. 

5 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Weird how much hate King gets around here.

Imagine being a #2 CB, playing 15ish coverage snaps against Julio Jones, pitching a shut out, having several strong plays in run defense, and all anybody talking about is how you missed one tackle on a play that went for like 12 yards. 

*Just going off the top of my head here. I reserve the right to change my take once the All 22 comes out

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Imagine being a #2 CB, playing 15ish coverage snaps against Julio Jones, pitching a shut out, having several strong plays in run defense, and all anybody talking about is how you missed one tackle on a play that went for like 12 yards. 

*Just going off the top of my head here. I reserve the right to change my take once the All 22 comes out

Yeah if we let him walk we are going to regret it more than Hayward and Hyde put together.

He's a higher priority resign for me than Aaron Jones.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

I wonder if this is why Patrick is getting the nod over Wagner? He’s really bad at run blocking but surprised me a lot tonight in pass protection. Wagner is more of a mauler type who is super valuable as the 6th OL 

We ran more than a couple heavy offensive line sets.  Wagner was covering up Bakh as a TE.  Announcers missed that.

And I came away from the game thrilled, no doubt.  But also, gained a lot of respect for Grady Jarret.  He's the only guy who has gotten the better of Jenkins.  I had no clue Jarret was that good.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

We ran more than a couple heavy offensive line sets.  Wagner was covering up Bakh as a TE.  Announcers missed that.

And I came away from the game thrilled, no doubt.  But also, gained a lot of respect for Grady Jarret.  He's the only guy who has gotten the better of Jenkins.  I had no clue Jarret was that good.

He's tremendous

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Jarrets been their DLine for yeeeears. Always pops if you watch the falcons. Nobody wants to do that though.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He blew up that one run play, set the edge better than Z did all night.

edit: this is hyperbole, Z had a good game.

Edited by deathstar

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

To be fair, for a 6'3" CB, 90% of the time, King's idea of making a tackle is diving at the guy's feet and catching air. I think all those shoulder problems in years 1-2 haven't helped either in terms of his desire to be physical as a run defender/tackler. 

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

To be fair, for a 6'3" CB, 90% of the time, King's idea of making a tackle is diving at the guy's feet and catching air. I think all those shoulder problems in years 1-2 haven't helped either in terms of his desire to be physical as a run defender/tackler. 

Dude literally decleated a blocker last night and he’s not physical?