Week For Game Day Thread: Atlanta Falcons at Green bay Packers

MacReady

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

We ran more than a couple heavy offensive line sets.  Wagner was covering up Bakh as a TE.  Announcers missed that.

And I came away from the game thrilled, no doubt.  But also, gained a lot of respect for Grady Jarret.  He's the only guy who has gotten the better of Jenkins.  I had no clue Jarret was that good.

That play after Jenkins holding call, he just ran by him. Not sure what Jenkins was doing. Or if Jarrett was just THAT fast. 

28 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Some boomer cat lady just wrote an essay on Facebook about why we should cut Davante Adams because it’s become clear we don’t need him now and it should make all of us feel better to know that none of our opinions will ever be that terrible 

Why would you share terrible Facebook opinions here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

That play after Jenkins holding call, he just ran by him. Not sure what Jenkins was doing. Or if Jarrett was just THAT fast. 

Jarret got him on a holding call, which I thought was borderline at best.  Beat him clean for a pressure, should have been a sack.  Sniffed out a screen, fast, almost intercepted the ball.  And pretty much bottled up the inside run game.  And that was just what I remember.  Big time respect for him.  

10 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Some boomer cat lady just wrote an essay on Facebook about why we should cut Davante Adams because it’s become clear we don’t need him now and it should make all of us feel better to know that none of our opinions will ever be that terrible 

Eh, I've seen some of the opinions here when politics bubbles up, I don't know that I'd get overly invested in that premise. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

That's just silly.

Probably should be preparing for life after Adams though. Seems to be picking up niggly injuries every season. Unless we get a very good discount, a third contract on huge money seems very risky.

1 hour ago, mikemike778 said:

That's just silly.

Probably should be preparing for life after Adams though. Seems to be picking up niggly injuries every season. Unless we get a very good discount, a third contract on huge money seems very risky.

Adams is definitely one of those "man if only he were healthier!" players. He always seems to be down for 3-4 games a season.....and justifiably so, but still. 

21 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Adams is definitely one of those "man if only he were healthier!" players. He always seems to be down for 3-4 games a season.....and justifiably so, but still. 

Can live with missing 3-4 games.   The problem is that players get more injury prone as they get older. He is going to demand huge money so we probably can't do a third contract.

4 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Can live with missing 3-4 games.   The problem is that players get more injury prone as they get older. He is going to demand huge money so we probably can't do a third contract.

What are our options?  

In my opinion, MVS is not someone you give a large second contract to.  I can see a 3 year deal that is 3rd WR money.  But that is about it.

ESB?

Lazard?  Yah, I give him legit #2 money.

There are injury issues to Adams.  He also has more receiving talent than anything else we have on the roster and the next 'Vante is not on the roster today.  He's a must to keep in my book.