Week For Game Day Thread: Atlanta Falcons at Green bay Packers

MacReady

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Move for the long term and not the short term. May see a WR to the active roster (we have two spots) and one as a PS call up too. Maybe Foster and Begelton debut. I would doubt we see Clark at this rate either. 

Yep. Him and Davante are probably 2 of the teams top 5-6 most important players, so makes sense they'll be overly cautious with their injuries and them having a bye week after today

Hopefully Josiah Deguara can go tonight. Gonna be needing big games from the RB's and TE's in this one I'd say

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Move for the long term and not the short term. May see a WR to the active roster (we have two spots) and one as a PS call up too. Maybe Foster and Begelton debut. I would doubt we see Clark at this rate either. 

Yea, that "long term" move is going to be awesome when we finish 12-4 instead of 13-3 and have to play on the road in the NFCCG game again instead of at home. Maybe we didn't learn anything from last season...

2 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Yep. Him and Davante are probably 2 of the teams top 5-6 most important players, so makes sense they'll be overly cautious with their injuries and them having a bye week after today

Hopefully Josiah Deguara can go tonight. Gonna be needing big games from the RB's and TE's in this one I'd say

Makes a lot of sense if you're comfortable being 3-1 at the break. 

Julio and Ridley are both playing hurt. That's because ATL knows their season is on the line. Packers are forgetting (or don't care) what even 1 extra loss can mean for your season. Adams knows he's ready to play, this is just the same BS we've seen for years where guys have to be 100% for 2-3 weeks before we let them back on the field. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea, that "long term" move is going to be awesome when we finish 12-4 instead of 13-3 and have to play on the road in the NFCCG game again instead of at home. Maybe we didn't learn anything from last season...

Better than the scenario where our bye week starts by putting Clark or Adams on IR no?

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Better than the scenario where our bye week starts by putting Clark or Adams on IR no?

Adams is fine, I don't believe that crap for a second. He's sitting out for one reason -- the Packers have a bye next week. 

Adams didn't even show a sign of getting hurt during the Lions game. All of the sudden he was on the sidelines, wanted to go back in, and MLF said he was held out merely for precautionary reasons because we were up big. Now he's out 2 more weeks? He went through a pregame workout last week with the goal to play 8 days ago. This must be one helluva "minor" hamstring strain. 

Edited by packfanfb

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Has a decision on Clark been reached or made public yet? I've not seen anything.

Not yet, just speculation with this teams history of being overly cautious with injuries and the announcement today that Davante is out. Would be pleasantly surprised if Clark is active

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yup, you're smarter than our docs...

This is nothing new, that's why I'm not surprised at all. Again, Julio is in the exact same boat as Adams. Missed last week with a hammy, was limited all week this week, but he's playing tonight. You just have two different philosophies here. I don't agree with ours because every week in the NFL is a must-win week when you have SB aspirations, but again, this is the way in GB. When Adams said earlier this week that he wouldn't play unless he was 100%, he should have said 110% I guess.  

27 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Welp, no Davante tonight. This game suddenly got a whole lot more interesting with both Julio/Ridley playing vs this Packers defense

This should not be surprising given the track record for the GB organization on injuries.  The bye next week made it predictable Adams would return after that.

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Big picture decisions for sure.

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Makes a lot of sense if you're comfortable being 3-1 at the break. 

Julio and Ridley are both playing hurt. That's because ATL knows their season is on the line. Packers are forgetting (or don't care) what even 1 extra loss can mean for your season. Adams knows he's ready to play, this is just the same BS we've seen for years where guys have to be 100% for 2-3 weeks before we let them back on the field. 

And Adams is playing if our season was on the line. That's not the case. Man, you love the doom and gloom for a team about to be 4-0, which will still happen, because an already bad Atlanta defense is down a couple of starters. 

• Like 1