Week For Game Day Thread: Atlanta Falcons at Green bay Packers

MacReady

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is nothing new, that's why I'm not surprised at all. Again, Julio is in the exact same boat as Adams. Missed last week with a hammy, was limited all week this week, but he's playing tonight. You just have two different philosophies here. I don't agree with ours because every week in the NFL is a must-win week when you have SB aspirations, but again, this is the way in GB. When Adams said earlier this week that he wouldn't play unless he was 100%, he should have said 110% I guess.  

We played him all last year on a toe not at 100%

Just now, Pack2020 said:

And Adams is playing if our season was on the line. That's not the case. Man, you love the doom and gloom for a team about to be 4-0, which will still happen, because an already bad Atlanta defense is down a couple of starters. 

Our chances to win just went down significantly. Absolutely, we can still win, this is about percentages. If Rodgers wills us to victory again tonight, put him in the HOF because he'll do it with the worst WR core ever put on an NFL field. This group without 17 and 13 might be worse than the 2016 CB group we trotted into ATL. Here's to hoping Rodgers can be heroic yet again. 

8 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Not yet, just speculation with this teams history of being overly cautious with injuries and the announcement today that Davante is out. Would be pleasantly surprised if Clark is active

Are they OVERLY cautious or APPROPRIATELY cautious? Hamstrings especially can be twitchy things that once you start having repeated pulls it can linger the whole season.

• Like 1

Just now, spilltray said:

Are they OVERLY cautious or APPROPRIATELY cautious? Hamstrings especially can be twitchy things that once you start having repeated pulls it can linger the whole season.

I think this is fine we are looking as an organization to win the super bowl. We are in a good position in the division and conference. The defensive worries make sense given the start to the season however I am thinking the defense is going to catch up. Perhaps this is the week lord knows we will need some stops against the falcons.

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I still have confidence in MLF scheming ways to get whoever is out there to produce and get easy completions. He did so last week against a significantly better defense than what ATL will be throwing out there.

Biggest issue now will be can our defense hold up and make a few stops. Without 17, the Packers can probably find a way to still score high 20s, low 30s on this Falcons defense. This game suddenly looks a lot like the Philly game in Week 4 last year (a game where we lost Adams during the game). Packers still had chances to win that game, but ultimately we stalled inside the 10 a few times and our defense couldn't stop a cold that night. 

If we lose tonight, you'll probably see something very similar. At this point, I could see something like a 31-27 victory or a 34-28 type of loss. 

Edited by packfanfb