GARRETT IS BACK

mistakey

5 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I was looking forward to watching Peepers on D, but for some reason we have back ready to return a punt on first and ten?

I'm really starting to wonder whether or not Williams is going to swallow his pride and admit he might be wrong with this ridiculous defensive alignment or continue to try to pound a square peg into a round hole.

I'm not saying Peppers can't play a deep safety position, he's a phenomenal athlete, but it doesn't seem to be the best use of his skillset.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'm really starting to wonder whether or not Williams is going to swallow his pride and admit he might be wrong with this ridiculous defensive alignment or continue to try to pound a square peg into a round hole.

I'm not saying Peppers can't play a deep safety position, he's a phenomenal athlete, but it doesn't seem to be the best use of his skillset.

So far he has struggled with angles and open field tackling. I'd move him up and blitz him from time to time that is probably what he will do best.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

So far he has struggled with angles and open field tackling. I'd move him up and blitz him from time to time that is probably what he will do best.

In all fairness to Peppers, those plays where you have to run up 10-15 yards, break down and make a 1:1 open field tackle are tough for anyone.

Williams should be scheming how to keep guys from getting that damned open to begin with.

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In all fairness to Peppers, those plays where you have to run up 10-15 yards, break down and make a 1:1 open field tackle are tough for anyone.

Williams should be scheming how to keep guys from getting that damned open to begin with.

Yeah it is tough, especially if the receiver is so open that you don't have much help containing. However, Kindred could play that role, or at least switch things up and try to scare them with Peppers blitzing occasionally.

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah it is tough, especially if the receiver is so open that you don't have much help containing. However, Kindred could play that role, or at least switch things up and try to scare them with Peppers blitzing occasionally.

That's what I want to see, I just feel that Peepers needs to be in the middle of the action like how he was used in college. We are wasting his talents 

23 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

That's what I want to see, I just feel that Peepers needs to be in the middle of the action like how he was used in college. We are wasting his talents 

His coverage skills were his biggest question marks coming out, we all thought he would be good in run support and rushing the passer when called upon. Unfortunately we only see his open field tackling and over the top pass support so pretty much no chance to be an actual playmaker. I wonder if we thought we drafted Hooker.

I didnt know where to post this.....One of the thing I was REALLY hoping to see last week was us Finally use the "Big Nickle" D as a base last week. I think the time was perfect with Garret coming back and Collins still out....Bring in Kia Nacua at the "Angel" position, keep Kindred at SS and move JP to the Slot nickle safety....Until Collins gets healthy, that will allow a more flexible blitz package and it would help us with the 7-12 yard TE routes over the middle that have killed us for the past couple of weeks....

Archived