Week 4 GDT: Eagles vs Niners - Injury bowl

AZ_Eaglesfan

Personally I’m excited for how bad things are going. 

Rely on an always injured vet at WR...
Same for a declining LT...

Lets have a guy who never can get open seemingly be our 3rd/4th Wr...

Don’t need speed off the edge, or LBs...

These mistakes can get erased a bit when Carson is ballin out and Doug is with it on the gameplan. And that isn’t happening even slightly.

Just....ughhhhhj....

Til they decide to actually fix this team

This will just be me in my head, dreaming of a new GM getting a chance to get a young blue chipper, a nice add in early round 2, for a team with a new staff mostly, that took all of the fat off this team earlier in the offseason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

On the bright side it is looking more and more like we won’t have to sit through 16 games of this **** 

Howie and the analytics squad was crunching the numbers, knew a shut down was coming and decided to tank. Man I’m back on board!

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Howie and the analytics squad was crunching the numbers, knew a shut down was coming and decided to tank. Man I’m back on board!

It’s genius really. 

Howie: “Jeff, listen. This season is going to halt midway through. All these idiots are going to be playing for an incomplete season. They’ll play their young, valuable pieces and go as hard as they can for what? A season that’s going in the tank. Nonsense. Hear me out; we’ll have Carson play like complete ish. Phantom injure every good young piece we have. Play all the old, expensive guys into the ground and at the end of the season, cut and trade anyone over 30, turn the whole roster over with a top 3 pick. We’ll save face and put the team in great position financially. And we’ll load up on all the fresh college kids who opted out. What do you think?”

Jeff: “Profits.”

*Joe Banner somewhere smiles and nods in a Palpatine cloak*

• Like 3

6 hours ago, eagles18 said:

so you're comparing the 9ers injury situation with Philly? You'd be dead wrong... Eagles are the most injured team the past 3 years.. its consistent at this point. Its coaching and Howie. 

So you'd rather have Chip Kelly? His 3 year tenure with the Eagles was the healthiest Eagles teams the past 2 decades which includes Andy.

Was he too responsible for that, curious? Or was it the "types of players" he wanted Howie to bring in? I honestly believe thats the issue. Chip was the first to implement Sports Science type stuff from Oregon to the Eagles, monitors, mandatory sleep, diets, smoothies, ect ect.

Did Howie purged himself of that too as he did everything else Chip Kelly related? Lets be real, he wanted nothing Chip touched or was responsible for implementing in that building. Could that of played a factor since Doug was hired? I mean we were injury riddle the year we won the SB?

The Chargers have been one of if not the most injured team the past decade. Had several HC's , were they all responsible too? Or was it the 1 singular constant since 2013, Tom Telesco and his keen eye for finding talent?

There is one constant , 1 person responsible for bringing in and taking fliers on "oft injured" players. Same person who applies that Brilliant logic in the draft. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

Quez Watkins has been dealing with hammy issues since end of camp and needs another 2 weeks, so now the only thing I'm really looking forward to is Greg Ward putting in work for my fantasy flex spot. I'm projecting 11 catches for 83 yards, no td.

Wentz might not make it through this game. Mazda Mailata at LT is going to be hilarious. We should have all 3 QB's active for this one. Draft pick going to be looking nice after this donkey show concludes, along with losses to Pitt and Baltimore.
Do we beat the Giants on 10/22?
Does Wentz start against the Giants if we're sitting at 0-6?
Does somebody get fired if we go 0-7? 0-8? 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

I'm ready for just pure anarchy and chaos.

Let's burn this season to the ground.

Let's get weird.

Cut or trade everyone who won't be here in 2 or 3 years. Accelerate all the dead cap to this season, so we actually have some cap next year. Play every young guy you can

I'm ready for it 

tenor.gif?itemid=5728640

Was just playing with Over the Cap Salary Cap Calculator.

I restructured: Carson, Lane, Fletcher and Slay

Traded: Ertz, Jeffrey, BG

June 1st Cut: Malik

Regular Cut: DeSean, Barnett, Avery and Goodwin

End result: 1.2 million in cap space

lololololololol

tenor.gif?itemid=5728640

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Hypothetical question . If the season got cancelled today say, would we get a top pick in this upcoming draft? The draft would still need to happen regardless if the season is on or cancelled. Saints just popped up with a positive test and all the other mayhem already

They'd do some sort of tiered lottery system, My guess is they'd factor in last years results and this years and break it down into 3-4 groups of which would be randomized amongst them.

• Like 1