2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

Clippers players and fans basically made Rivers and Harrell the scapegoats and while both had their faults in the playoffs. It is being unfairly all put on him. Like Pete who used to do Laker Film Room on YouTube and now does video stuff for the team pointed out watching the film from the playoffs that Harrell wasn’t even that bad on defense and they put him in a lot of bad spots in drop coverage. Obviously also made the point that struggling with Jokic shouldn’t be a huge knock as no one can really deal with him unless they are tall and big bodied/strong. Like Anthony Davis has much more prowess defensively and length but he got pushed around. Marc Gasol who is a savvy veteran and great low post defender can still get schooled by him. Jokic is a monster. Doc definitely didn’t do the greatest coaching job like putting Harrell in bad spots is just one example. But, these other Clippers speaking out are making themselves look like fools. We all saw the lot of you fail to do what it took in that Nuggets series to close them out multiple times. Honesty the Mavs series would’ve been even closer if not for that dumb Porzingis ejection game 1 and injuries. George was awful that series.

Like it’s hysterical how wrong he is. The finger can be pointed at Doc for certain other things for those playoffs, but not this. He should be in the lab focusing on what he can control and not throwing more dirt on a good man after his failures. I’m sure George wouldn’t take too kindly if Doc made the same comments about his performances in the playoffs or the other players who should share the blame too for blowing that series.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Clippers are crazy entitled for a team that hasn't won **** 

It’s really wild. You ever read the article on the Clippers and the chemistry issues from like January on The Athletic? It’s really good (albeit a bit long) and worth the read. I noticed they released a new article just recently on them too, but haven’t got around to reading it quite yet. 

I think the Clippers really need a vocal leader in that locker room. I think Kawhi really benefited from having Lowry there to be that guy in Toronto and they also had a good culture he could fit into and just be his muted and all about business self. I know Lakers fans joked about Rondo to the Clippers, but the more I think about the more I realize that they really should’ve found a way to bring him in. His leadership according to teammates from his stops with the Bulls, Pelicans and most recently Lakers have all been glowingly positive from teammates. They talk about how smart he is and what he does in the film room and the advice he gives them. He could’ve lead the team vocally and behind the scenes and in all honesty they could’ve just used a real point guard. Rondo for his bad regular season stretches showed he is battle tested in the playoffs and that’s just the type of dude that team could have really used.

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It’s really wild. You ever read the article on the Clippers and the chemistry issues from like January on The Athletic? It’s really good (albeit a bit long) and worth the read. I noticed they released a new article just recently on them too, but haven’t got around to reading it quite yet. 

I think the Clippers really need a vocal leader in that locker room. I think Kawhi really benefited from having Lowry there to be that guy in Toronto and they also had a good culture he could fit into and just be his muted and all about business self. I know Lakers fans joked about Rondo to the Clippers, but the more I think about the more I realize that they really should’ve found a way to bring him in. His leadership according to teammates from his stops with the Bulls, Pelicans and most recently Lakers have all been glowingly positive from teammates. They talk about how smart he is and what he does in the film room and the advice he gives them. He could’ve lead the team vocally and behind the scenes and in all honesty they could’ve just used a real point guard. Rondo for his bad regular season stretches showed he is battle tested in the playoffs and that’s just the type of dude that team could have really used.

I read a brief bit about the locker room stuff but I think that was the more recent one. Clippers are a mess and it's because their two stars, not Doc Rivers or Trez. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I am shocked that they didn't shake it up more this offseason. Still don't have a point guard. Still have the same whack leadership. They are pretty much all in on Ty Lue flipping the culture.

Think about them paying Marcus Morris 64m and Lakers paying Kieff the minimum lol. 

The Nuggets were genuinely the better team than the Clippers. Everyone is killing Rivers for playing Trez, but Zubac was getting his lunch ate too and was going to foul out. You can't go small on Jokic (w/ Green) for major minutes. The analysis on a team that relies on Lou Will and Trez (obviously poor playoff players) was so off. Incredible 

The biggest issue for those guys might be the chronic health issues of Kawhi and PG. Kawhi broke down in the bubble. If they are fully healthy all of the other stuff may be moot - bc they are that talented. But it's clear they aren't built to lead a championship team. 

Edited by champ11
  • Like 1

over a third of the suns gms (1st half schedule) are on national tv

that's prob more than the last decade combined lol and it is only half of a shortened szn that has been released 

(assuming nbatv gms count as national tv, idk)

Edited by 11sanchez11

In regards to the Clippers, I just think they were victims of the pandemic. Contextually, it was the weirdest thing the NBA has ever dealt with. Don't think the Bucks were as bad as they showed, either. Ain't making actual excuses because everyone had to deal with it, but it's not really a surprise that some teams sank in the bubble and some rose or stayed the course

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

In regards to the Clippers, I just think they were victims of the pandemic.

Could be....but their play thruout the season was far from consistent.....and given reports that came out afterwards, the reasons for that uneven play were consistent IMO. When push came to shove at the end - they weren't cohesive enough a unit to fend off a determined DEN team.