2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

9 hours ago, champ11 said:

Still pretty well sourced that Beal isn't going to be on the move. We'll see. NBA media wants that to happen real bad so they have something to talk about. But neither of those packages are blowing the Wizards away, IMO

This.  Washington has no intention of trading their star, and Beal reportedly wants to remain in Washington for now at least.

1 hour ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I would imagine, unless they're just completely out on Garland already.  Isn't Love's deal just 1 year more than Randle's?

It's two years longer since Randle is only guaranteed 4m in year 3 vs Loves 31M and last year of 28M. Also, do they really want two 6'1 Guards in their starting Back court? 

56 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

What's the benefit for Cleveland?

They get off of the last years of Love's contract by only paying 4M and stay in the top 10 while doing so. 

31 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Absolutely they say no

I figured as much. I just want the Knicks to steal a prospect from someone. 

28 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

They get off of the last years of Love's contract by only paying 4M and stay in the top 10 while doing so.

What's the rush to get out of Love's contract?

That just seems like a weird trade for Cleveland. Trading down and getting rid of Garland after 59 games?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

It's two years longer since Randle is only guaranteed 4m in year 3 vs Loves 31M and last year of 28M. Also, do they really want two 6'1 Guards in their starting Back court? 

I don't think they hate the idea of it, or they wouldn't have drafted him in the 1st place.  They haven't really had much of a chance to see it grow yet either.  That deal isn't worth moving off of Love's contract, when they don't have any one to pay, and they aren't going to draw any free agents.  I'd much rather keep Garland and 5, and then continue to shop Love, than I would move down, and take back Randle.  2 years down the line, I'd rather have Garland, the player I get at 5, and Love on an expiring (or whatever scraps you can move him for before hand) than I would just #8 from 2020, and either nothing else/Randle on a new deal/What kind of return I'd get for Randle.  That's how Cleveland has to be looking at it.

Edited by OkeyDoke21

6 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Does Cleveland say no to: 

Kevin Love 

Darius Garland 

#5 Overall

for 

Julius Randle

#8? 

Julius Randle and #8 might get Kevin Love if Cleveland wants to dump him. It's likely not enough to get #5 or Garland on their own, let alone together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Julius Randle and #8 might get Kevin Love if Cleveland wants to dump him. It's likely not enough to get #5 or Garland on their own, let alone together.

Darius Garland was a top 5 pick last year and likely better than any guard they get at #8. They laugh and hang up the phone.