2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

Any guesses as to what Miami does in the offseason?

FA (19/20 salary)

G. Dragic (19.2 M) Playing well but getting NBA old and making a lot of money. Let walk, or offer a lower salary? 

J. Crowder (7.8 M) Fits well. Should be offered 10 M+

S. Hill (13.2 M) Not needed

M. Leonard (11.6 M) Not truly needed but would like him back.

U. Haslem (2.5 M) Time to say goodbye? 40 years old

D. Jones Jr (1.6 M) I'd like to keep him around

K. Olynyk has a 12.2 M player option which I guess will be exercised.

Edited by Tetsujin

18 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Again, no need to do this. The guy is easy to clown, but this isn't it.......

Okay, by those standards...LeBron was bad in the first two games, was bad in game 4 in the 4th quarter and shot 37.5% in game 7....Including missing his last four shot attempts.

Once again, why are you doing this? LeBron and Kyrie were great when they needed to be. There was no carrying going on. 

He carried him to the finals.  Kyrie as a lead man couldnt make the playoffs (couldn't win more than 33 games).  Kyrie with other studs in Boston couldn't get it done.  He is a selfish offensive player that is fun to watch but you don't want him on your team.  Lebron absolutely carried him to the playoffs, to the finals, and to the championship.  Yes Kyrie helped in a couple games, but without riding Bron's back there, he wouldnt have had that chance. 

2 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

Any guesses as to what Miami does in the offseason?

FA (19/20 salary)

G. Dragic (19.2 M) Playing well but getting NBA old and making a lot of money. Let walk, or offer a lower salary? 

J. Crowder (7.8 M) Fits well. Should be offered 10 M+

S. Hill (13.2 M) Not needed

M. Leonard (11.6 M) Not truly needed but would like him back.

U. Haslem (2.5 M) Time to say goodbye? 40 years old

D. Jones Jr (1.6 M) I'd like to keep him around

K. Olynyk has a 12.2 M player option which I guess will be exercised.

I think Miami will make moves so that they'll be able to potentially pursue Giannis next offseason. 

48 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He carried him to the finals.  Kyrie as a lead man couldnt make the playoffs (couldn't win more than 33 games).  Kyrie with other studs in Boston couldn't get it done.  He is a selfish offensive player that is fun to watch but you don't want him on your team.  Lebron absolutely carried him to the playoffs, to the finals, and to the championship.  Yes Kyrie helped in a couple games, but without riding Bron's back there, he wouldnt have had that chance. 

No one said the Cavs win without LeBron. But Kyrie definitely did his part in the finals. You guys need to stop trying to rewrite history. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No one said the Cavs win without LeBron. But Kyrie definitely did his part in the finals. You guys need to stop trying to rewrite history. 

In the games the Cavaliers won he averaged 30.0 ppg | 4.2 rpg | 4.5 apg on 51% FG | 50% 3FG | 100% FT and hit the biggest shot of the series in game 7. Did he carry LeBron? Certainly not but he put up the best performance of any teammate LeBron has ever had in the finals that year. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lebron carried Kyrie to the finals.  He played well in the finals, with similar numbers to what he averaged prior to Lebron.  Point is, he was carried to the finals.  He is not a good team player, never has been, never won without the greatest player in the league, and never will.  Kyrie is an And 1 All Star playing in the NBA, and his numbers without greatness by his side shows he was carried there.  His game scores in games 5, 6 and 7 were 33.1, 16.5 and 16.1. One above average game.  In those same three games, Lebron had game scores of 39.2, 42.5, and 23.1.  Lebron had defensive ratings of 89, 100, and 92 while Kyrie had 102, 108, and 102.  Kyrie scored some points and had the shot at the end, but he was carried to that point.  Its not re-writing history, its realizing he is what he is and thats a non defense playing scorer who doesnt make his teammates better and won a championship on Lebron's back. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Lebron carried Kyrie to the finals.  He played well in the finals, with similar numbers to what he averaged prior to Lebron.  Point is, he was carried to the finals.  He is not a good team player, never has been, never won without the greatest player in the league, and never will.  Kyrie is an And 1 All Star playing in the NBA, and his numbers without greatness by his side shows he was carried there.  His game scores in games 5, 6 and 7 were 33.1, 16.5 and 16.1. One above average game.  In those same three games, Lebron had game scores of 39.2, 42.5, and 23.1.  Lebron had defensive ratings of 89, 100, and 92 while Kyrie had 102, 108, and 102.  Kyrie scored some points and had the shot at the end, but he was carried to that point.  Its not re-writing history, its realizing he is what he is and thats a non defense playing scorer who doesnt make his teammates better and won a championship on Lebron's back. 

I’m convinced people don’t know what the word carried means judging by these posts. 

38 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I’m convinced people don’t know what the word carried means judging by these posts. 

I'm not even going to bother responding to that anymore. Like this literally took place four years ago. WE all saw what happened. This wasn't something that took place in the 1970s where history can be rewritten depending on who tells the story. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not even going to bother responding to that anyways. Like this literally took place four years ago. WE all saw what happened. This wasn't something that took place in the 1970s where history can be rewritten depending on who tells the story. 

Numbers tell the story.  Obviously not the one you remember but they tell the story.