2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why would Indiana do that?

Lakers would likely have to add a pick or two , but Oladipo has made it clear he's not going to re-sign with Indiana so they must move him next season or lose him for nothing. They are no stranger to this with what happened with PG3. Kuzma still has more room to grow as a player and shown flashes in his first 2 seasons. 

I'd rather Kuzma than any piece the NYK could offer. 

5 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Lakers would likely have to add a pick or two , but Oladipo has made it clear he's not going to re-sign with Indiana so they must move him next season or lose him for nothing. They are no stranger to this with what happened with PG3. Kuzma still has more room to grow as a player and shown flashes in his first 2 seasons. 

I'd rather Kuzma than any piece the NYK could offer. 

Kuzma isn't very good though. And that's true but they'll certainly get better offers from other teams. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Denver could offer Gary Harris, Monte Morris, and #22. 

Miami could offer Kendrick Nunn, Meyers Leonard, and #20. 

The Miami trade is interesting if they move off of Turner too.

Kuzma, Danny Green, and #30 would be enough to me (Pelicans own 2021 1-8 protected and Pels get pick swap options in '23-25) 

I still think Kuzma has a somewhat high ceiling. There is a reason the LAL didn't want to give him up in the AD trade. He was given alot of time to prove himself as the 3rd option in LAL behind LBJ and Davis, but it would be difficult for anyone to do that with how those two dominated the ball this year. Also, you can get more creative with a 3rd team.

LAL: Oladipo

Pacers: Hield and Bogdonavic

Kings: Turner and Kuzma

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

My plan to fix the NYK's this offseason. 

• Decline Bobby Portis team option

• Sign Fred VanVleet to a 3 yr/$60M contract

• Complete a sign and trade with Washington for Davis Bertans 

- Knicks receive: Davis Bertans (3 yr/$39M), 9th pick

- Wizards receive: Dennis Smith Jr, Kevin Knox, 8th pick 

Draft: Vassell #9, Riller #27, Joe #38

Rotation

PG - VanVleet | Payton

SG - Vassell | Riller

SF - Barrett | Joe

PF - Bertans | Randle

C - Robinson | Gibson 

“Fix“ is generous. You tried your best but that team is still gross.

36 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I still think Kuzma has a somewhat high ceiling. There is a reason the LAL didn't want to give him up in the AD trade. He was given alot of time to prove himself as the 3rd option in LAL behind LBJ and Davis, but it would be difficult for anyone to do that with how those two dominated the ball this year. Also, you can get more creative with a 3rd team.

I disagree, Kuzma isn't a bad player but he is what he is. A volume scoring forward that shoots at a decent clip but doesn't offer much in terms of playmaking, rebounding, or defending. He has been overrated since his rookie season because he averaged like 16 ppg for a terrible Lakers team as a 22 year old rookie. I think Kuzma remaining with the Lakers was more so because the Pelicans preferred their other young players over him. 

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Nothing would make me happier than the Knicks finding a way to land LaMelo. Ball and Barrett would be my dream lulz backcourt.

Ball/Barrett surrounded by 3 big's that can't shoot at all in Thibodeau's offense would be a glorious sight to see. They might set the game of basketball back 40 years but at least would be in a position to draft Cade Cunningham next year. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Opinions on the Lakers roster going forward and how they can run it back?

There's really not a ton of flexibility on that roster.  There's the obvious elephant in the room with Anthony Davis, but besides Davis the Lakers also have Rajon Rondo ($2.6M), KCP ($8.5M), Avery Bradley ($5M), and JaVale McGee ($4.2M) with player options.  Seems logical that Rajon Rondo will opt in and return to the Lakers for another year.  He's earned over $103M in his career, so it's not like he needs to try and cash in.  Plus, I legitimately think he enjoys playing with LeBron and AD.  KCP is a toss-up.  I don't think he's going to get more than he is set to make, but he could look for a long-term deal.  I'd probably give a lean to him opting in and returning for another year.  Avery Bradley I think opts-in and returns.  McGee logically probably should opt out given his minutes have done nothing, but dwindle.  But on the other hand, he's not going to get that money he's set to make next year.  Again, I'd lean towards him opting in.

Assuming those guys opt-in, they'll have around $43M in expiring contract (excluding Kyle Kuzma) plus Kyle Kuzma, Talen Horton-Tucker, and the 28th pick to maneuver around.  The problem it appears that the Lakers probably want to keep their '21 cap flexibility open, so that limits how much money they're probably willing to take on long-term.  In terms of needs, they need another ball handler preferably one with the ability to shoot from distance.  They probably need to add another 3&D wing, plus they'd probably look to re-sign Dwight Howard.  I'd look at guys who are set to expire after next season.  Overall, I'm not sure the roster is going to be much different than it was this year.

• Like 1