2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

The hate on Kyrie is extremely unfair. He didn’t want to play for LeBron in Cleveland rightfully so because it was Kyrie team due to LeBron leaving before Kyrie was drafted then LeBron decided to come back and call all the shots. Kyrie never wanted to go to Boston so is anyone shocked how all of that played out? I’m not. He wanted to go to Brooklyn to play for the Nets whom he was a fan of when he was a kid when they was in New Jersey. He wanted to play with KD and vice versa so it will work.

I think the hate on Kyrie is similar to the hate on Jalen Ramsey and how people kept saying he was going to be a cancer in the locker room when the Rams traded for him. He was going to eventually pull stuff and want out. Well guess what? He is thriving in LA. He love his teammates, his teammates love him, he love LA and the Rams. So again the hate on Kyrie is unfair and WHEN it works I want to see what people say then. 

Its not unfair at all. Kyrie is pretty toxic, he always has been.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Who needs defense?

Shamet, Brown, and Prince is can defense. So can KD, Jordan, and Allen. Plus the Nets don’t need to be lockdown. They are going to average a ton of points scoring with this offense so if the Nets can just make a few stops in games it’s going to be hard to beat them unless you telling me D’Antoni and Nash 7 seconds or less offense will stop working and/or KD forgot how to shoot. 

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Its not unfair at all. Kyrie is pretty toxic, he always has been.

I’m just saying people quick to write these narratives just like I used Jalen Ramsey as the perfect example. Just because things didn’t work out and ended poorly in Jacksonville doesn’t mean it wasn’t going to be the same in LA. So yes things didn’t work out in Cleveland and Boston but Kyrie CHOSE Brooklyn. He grew up nearby, was a fan of the Nets as a child, has family nearby. You think Kyrie would be dumb enough to be toxic when he has everything he want plus some? That some is his close friend KD and they got to pick the coach together in Nash. Like at least just sit back and watch how it’s going to play out before saying automatically it’s going to be the same as Cleveland and Boston. It’s not the same situation. Not even close. 

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

Will they be letting fans in the stands (?) or is that mandated by the league and not the individual states/arenas?

I’m not sure I imagine Tampa was the choice because they will probably let in fans and presumably there are Canadians living down there who are raptors fans. The NBA wants to make money it probably is a state to state thing. If the NBA and Canada allowed the raptors to play at home this year there would be zero fans allowed in. 

5 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I’m just saying people quick to write these narratives just like I used Jalen Ramsey as the perfect example. Just because things didn’t work out and ended poorly in Jacksonville doesn’t mean it wasn’t going to be the same in LA. So yes things didn’t work out in Cleveland and Boston but Kyrie CHOSE Brooklyn. He grew up nearby, was a fan of the Nets as a child, has family nearby. You think Kyrie would be dumb enough to be toxic when he has everything he want plus some? That some is his close friend KD and they got to pick the coach together in Nash. Like at least just sit back and watch how it’s going to play out before saying automatically it’s going to be the same as Cleveland and Boston. It’s not the same situation. Not even close. 

Its not a perfect example. I don't even remember many people saying Ramsey was an issue. Kyrie has a laundry list of problems in every team he's been apart of. 

5 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

There is no simple and easy answer for what Charlotte should do. I understand your line of thinking but you are setting yourself up for being a constant 7-8 seed instead of a 9-11 seed in the east. Obviously you can’t go back and undo the moves made the previous few years and it sucks that went through such a long stretch of being really bad without any top guys to show for it. Getting the #3 pick in such a bad draft reminds me of Toronto finally getting the #1 pick and taking Bargnani. Charlotte will at least be somewhat competitive which for that fan base is great but when it’s over you likely won’t have much to show for it especially with this ownership/management group. 

I get this as well, we've been in an unending purgatory with management consistently trying to compete for 7-8 seed.    Hard to break out of for a small market until that moment you draft a Giannis.   I'm under no illusions signing Hayward does anything but push them to compete 6-9 in the East again.   I AM bullish on the potential of Bridges and Washington as two plus assets moving forward though - I think Washington's going to begin making a name for himself and if Bridges improves his off-ball defense he's going to surprise.   I would have been fine with them totally tanking and aiming for another high lottery in a better draft next year but as so many teams have proven -- Philly top of the list - that's not a proven strategy either.  The reality is for a team like Charlotte, if they have an opportunity to sign a player like Hayward they need to do it - cap be damned because there just aren't going to be many opportunities moving forward in the near future.  Unlike Batum, health permitting (major caveat) Hayward is never going to be a 27M+ DNP coaches decision which is a complete embarrassment.

I'm also optimistic on Kupchak's draft ability vs previous GM's and his ability to be the angel on Jordan's shoulder.  (No you do not want to trade the roster for Westbrook Michael) Other than trading rights to SGA for Bridges (SGA didn't want to play in Charlotte though) his drafting has been spot on.   On the downside he's too conservative and lacks inventiveness on the trade front 

21 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

The hate on Kyrie is extremely unfair. He didn’t want to play for LeBron in Cleveland rightfully so because it was Kyrie team due to LeBron leaving before Kyrie was drafted then LeBron decided to come back and call all the shots. Kyrie never wanted to go to Boston so is anyone shocked how all of that played out? I’m not. He wanted to go to Brooklyn to play for the Nets whom he was a fan of when he was a kid when they was in New Jersey. He wanted to play with KD and vice versa so it will work.

I think the hate on Kyrie is similar to the hate on Jalen Ramsey and how people kept saying he was going to be a cancer in the locker room when the Rams traded for him. He was going to eventually pull stuff and want out. Well guess what? He is thriving in LA. He love his teammates, his teammates love him, he love LA and the Rams. So again the hate on Kyrie is unfair and WHEN it works I want to see what people say then. 

Didn’t realize there were any Kyrie stans left

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Ainge butchered the Hayward deal, brutal tbh

You would definitely have thought that if the interest was high enough for him to sign that kind of contract, Ainge could have managed to get something back.   Hawks, Hornets, Knicks, Pacers were all in at some point and I'm not sure who else?

16 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Its not a perfect example. I don't even remember many people saying Ramsey was an issue. Kyrie has a laundry list of problems in every team he's been apart of. 

Oh a lot of people were saying it’s only a matter of time Ramsey is going to want out. Even had Deion Sanders saying Ramsey wasn’t going to stay with the Rams when the Rams first traded for him. Had me smh lol. Again Cleveland and Boston situation totally different than Brooklyn. We shall see though this season.