2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Kuzma isn't very good though. And that's true but they'll certainly get better offers from other teams. 

I really don't think Oladipo's value is all that high tbh.  IF this was him coming off that '17-'18 season, I'd agree.  But he's played in 55 games the last two years with pedestrian numbers.  Plus, he's an expiring FA.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I really don't think Oladipo's value is all that high tbh.  IF this was him coming off that '17-'18 season, I'd agree.  But he's played in 55 games the last two years with pedestrian numbers.  Plus, he's an expiring FA.

That's true but the Pacers two best scorers are Warren/Sabonis who are both 4's so adding Kuzma who is essentially a less efficient Warren doesn't make a ton of sense. If they do move him I'm assuming they'd be looking for some playmaking/shooting in return so potentially adding someone like Nunn, THJ, or even FVV in a S&T would all make sense. 

Would LOVE to see Dipo in a Lakers uniform. However, not at the expense of a trade. Play the long game and try to reel him in FA in 21. See if this roster can run it back and get through the Dubs/Clippers/Nuggets. I believe it can just gotta stay healthy.

That said line the money up for a run at Dipo to pair with AD. He would eventually takeover primary ball handling when Bron leaves.

4 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

I'd steer clear of investing heavily in Oladipo. His 2018 season seems more and more like an outlier and his return from injury has been brutal.

I think it'd make sense for Dallas assuming all they give up is Tim Hardaway Jr and the 18th pick. If he returns to form he'd give them a nice 3rd option to pair with Doncic/KP and if he doesn't he's a free agent after the season and would clear $20M off their books that they could use to pursue Giannis. 

In the last 3 games of the Heat series he averaged 22.3 ppg | 4.3 rpg | 3.3 apg | 2.6 spg on .410 FG | .375 3FG | .880 FT. 

And aside from that terrible performance against the Rockets he looked alright during the bubble and was starting to play better right before the season was paused. 

In those games he averaged: 17.3 ppg | 5.2 rpg | 3.0 apg on .465 FG | .416 3FG in only 28 minutes a night. 

8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

who is gonna cost more, christian wood or jerami grant?

i thought wood for sure before grant's playoffs

Grant for sure. He's coming off of back to back career years where he was a key contributor for playoff teams and just opted out of his final year worth like $9.5M. Wood came on strong at the end of the season but it's such a small sample size with him and the only time he has ever been productive or even in an NBA rotation was last year on one of the worst teams in the league. 

I would love for the Pelicans to try and pair Myles Turner with Zion. Not sure what it would take to trade for him, but a stretch 5 that can play some defense next to Zion would be amazing.

Edited by JMG5