2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

Why WOULD they flip Kyrie or Hayward or Horford?!?!?! They didn't want to! Being dense for the sake of being dense!? FROM THIS GUY?!?!? LOL

You didn't say vital but you for sure keep implying it by acting like the celtics screwed up by not trading them in the middle of their ECF runs lol 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

Why WOULD they flip Kyrie or Hayward or Horford?!?!?! They didn't want to!

Cause getting something back is usually better than being left empty handed and getting worse? I don't know. 

That could just be me, but a lot of other people out there agree with me.

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

in the middle of their ECF runs lol 

lol

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

It's a consistent period of whiffs by Ainge.  Sure, he's done well drafting Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown.  But his big FA signings?  Al Horford was a decent big, but not a game changer and certainly didn't push the C's over the top.  Gordon Hayward was a solid wing until he destroyed his ankle, and he never really appeared to be the same.  All those assets he acquired were supposed to be in play for a true superstar amounted to nothing, and their biggest rival landed one of those stars that helped them win a championship.  You're judged on championships, and Ainge has one on the back of his Big 3.

lmao consistent whiffs. yup. cs knew hayward would break his leg 2 mins into his first game. all those assets turned into a budding superstar in jayson tatum so again, we're not too worried what laker fans think. nah, you're not judged on championships in the nba, that's ridiculously stupid given the lack of parity. so every team that ran into 90s bulls, 00s lakers, 10s gsw didn't do a good job. ancient logic. 

it's all great in hindsight to say the kyrie deal was bad but most people were pretty high on it at the time. was pretty unforeseen that kyrie would be insane. so in ainge's biggest moves, kyrie is a headcase, and injuries derailed hayward's career. if you feel like it's consistent whiffs, good for ye bud, we still feelin real good over here

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Cause getting something back is usually better than being left empty handed and getting worse? I don't know. 

That could just be me, but a lot of other people out there agree with me.

lol

yeah please post more twitter links from randos to prove your point lol. Didn't see wher e the Cs got worse, they got better without Horford and we haven't seen how they play this year so again, not worried about it bud! 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

we're not too worried what laker fans think

You should. Our fans are smarter than Celtics fans and so are our writers/media and front office. It's been proven time and time again.

We've won 3 titles since the Celtics beat us in 2008 and have been much more successful in the modern era of basketball. What would the Lakers know about winning?

Most of your championships came back in the Auerbach era. Yawn.

And, yes Ainge has made constant whiffs. That's why you always see Celtics were so close to making this move or that move and failed.

Celtics fans can feel good about what they have. Tatum and Brown are very good. Just enjoy it while you can, because its not guaranteed to last as history has shown us.

Those 2022, 2023, and 2024 seasons before Tatum has the chance to opt out are gonna be absolutely critical for Boston.

And, I say those years cause I don't see them winning it all in the next 2.

Good luck to y'all though.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

You should. Our fans are smarter than Celtics fans and so are our writers/media and front office. It's been proven time and time again.

We've won 3 titles since the Celtics beat us in 2008 and have been much more successful in the modern era of basketball. What would the Lakers know about winning?

Most of your championships came back in the Auerbach era. Yawn.

And, yes Ainge has made constant whiffs. That's why you always see Celtics were so close to making this move or that move and failed.

Celtics fans can feel good about what they have. Tatum and Brown are very good. Just enjoy it while you can, because its not guaranteed to last as history has shown us.

Those 2022, 2023, and 2024 seasons before Tatum has the chance to opt out are gonna be absolutely critical for Boston.

And, I say those years cause I don't see them winning it all in the next 2.

Good luck to y'all though.

lmao what a post. can't wait for cwood to tell bk to make his discussions about the game, not fans tho

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

yeah please post more twitter links from randos to prove your point lol. Didn't see wher e the Cs got worse, they got better without Horford and we haven't seen how they play this year so again, not worried about it bud! 

Darius and Pete know more basketball than pretty much 95% of this forum, but "randos".... sure.

• Like 1