2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Stop lol.

either way ... whatever lol. we don't owe melo anything. he forced his way out, has played just as long in the nba not with the nuggets, has played for three conference rivals. i love the dude and he will get his flowers from the org when he retires. 

and .... a post on twitter still means nothing haha 

• Like 1

Anyone have a news on Fournier?  He always seemed like the perfect scenario for the dubs trade exception. His 17 mil next season is just under what gsw can do and has a player option for it.  He could basically tell Orlando I’ll pick up the option if you trade me or I’m just gonna leave.  Magic could at least get a few 2nd rders and maybe a Jordan Poole or something 

On 10/16/2020 at 11:59 AM, BigC421/ said:

Anyone have a news on Fournier?  He always seemed like the perfect scenario for the dubs trade exception. His 17 mil next season is just under what gsw can do and has a player option for it.  He could basically tell Orlando I’ll pick up the option if you trade me or I’m just gonna leave.  Magic could at least get a few 2nd rders and maybe a Jordan Poole or something 

He just bought a new house in the Orlando area. I think we'll see a lot of guys opt in this year because teams are strapped for cash and it's going to be a super weird and short offseason. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Kawhi asked the Clippers to go get a PG this offseason. If only they had a young promising PG like SGA on their roster...

i don't really think that is what he wants, he wants a lowry type to help keep things running smoothly, sga isn't really a pg, especially one capable of that

9 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

i don't really think that is what he wants, he wants a lowry type to help keep things running smoothly, sga isn't really a pg, especially one capable of that

That's true but SGA also hasn't really been asked to play in that role either. The only way I think they could add a PG like that is with a cheap veteran addition like Teague, Rondo, or Augustin unless they're going to look to trade for someone. Rubio could be a target if the Suns are serious about pursuing FVV but not sure how that'd work, they could also look to acquire FVV in a S&T that sends Harrell to Toronto, or look to trade PG to Brooklyn in a deal that brings Dinwiddie back to Los Angeles. 

I think the Clippers best bet would be to trade Paul George to Brooklyn for a package of Dinwiddie, LeVert, and Allen. Then try to retain Morris and Harrell if possible. 

PG - Dinwiddie | Beverley 

SG - Shamet | Williams

SF - Leonard | LeVert 

PF - Morris | Harrell 

C - Allen | Zubiac 

They'd have more playmaking on the perimeter with Dinwiddie while their starting 5 would be built around Leonard's offense. They'd have more size and rim protection inside with Allen at the 5 and the ability to bring Zubiac off the bench. And they'd be adding another legit wing scorer to their rotation in LeVert and would have the best/most balanced second unit in the league with him alongside Williams/Harrell. 

On 10/16/2020 at 11:59 AM, BigC421/ said:

The Magic and Knicks have been in ongoing trade discussions for #8. I wonder if DSJ + #8 + filler for Fouriner + #15 would work. 

I don't think the Lakers getting Chris Paul is a good move.  Getting Paul would get rid of their depth, which is really important.  Also, Rondo is like the perfect fit because he comes off the bench.  The Lakers don't need someone like Chris Paul starting the game, they need a guy who can spell LeBron for about 15 minutes a game and take over playmaking duties.

Try to keep Rondo and they get Bradley back next season. 

Not sure they'll be able to keep Dwight or what some other guys situations are, but the Lakers ability to start Dwight at center vs some teams and then start Davis vs other teams was huge.

16 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think the Lakers getting Chris Paul is a good move.  Getting Paul would get rid of their depth, which is really important.  Also, Rondo is like the perfect fit because he comes off the bench.  The Lakers don't need someone like Chris Paul starting the game, they need a guy who can spell LeBron for about 15 minutes a game and take over playmaking duties.

Try to keep Rondo and they get Bradley back next season. 

Not sure they'll be able to keep Dwight or what some other guys situations are, but the Lakers ability to start Dwight at center vs some teams and then start Davis vs other teams was huge.

Yeah, depleting their roster for CP3 doesn't make sense to me either. They're reportedly really interested in a potential trade for Derrick Rose who I think they should be able to acquire pretty cheaply. He has quietly been one of the best bench scorers in the league the last two years and would be able to take some of the pressure off of LeBron as a guy that can come in off the bench and provide playmaking/instant offense. 

Yea I saw they might revisit the Derrick Rose again. Honestly, I really don’t want the team to change much outside of a 3rd star(not happening) and some upgrades to the bench. I want Rondo, Bradley, Howard, and the main core back. Upgrade over McGee would be nice.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea I saw they might revisit the Derrick Rose again. Honestly, I really don’t want the team to change much outside of a 3rd star(not happening) and some upgrades to the bench. I want Rondo, Bradley, Howard, and the main core back. Upgrade over McGee would be nice.

LAL bringing Cousins back from my source within their FO. McGee still has a year left on his deal so he will be back regardless.

I’d love to add D Rose, in fact we almost sent Caurso packing for his services. That said, the Rondo/Bron lead LAL team is good enough to win a title again. I dont see any reason to make drastic changes. if lakers get Rose (for a pick )i’d imagine one of our gaurd is out. 

28 minutes ago, indifference said:

LAL bringing Cousins back from my source within their FO. McGee still has a year left on his deal so he will be back regardless.

I’d love to add D Rose, in fact we almost sent Caurso packing for his services. That said, the Rondo/Bron lead LAL team is good enough to win a title again. I dont see any reason to make drastic changes. if lakers get Rose (for a pick )i’d imagine one of our gaurd is out. 

Wouldn’t mind Cousins but we have to find a way to bring Howard back. McGee can play cheerleader on the bench. Caruso, Rondo, KCP, and Rose would be a good group of guards. 

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

The only way you can add a third star is if you trade for CP3.