2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

still waiting for you to explain how trading any expiring big contract helps your image around the league, seems like a conundrum in your argument

When did I say not trading those guys helps or hurts your image around the league?

Your image is bad because of past history with Celtics fans which I won't get into, Danny Ainge shipping players off left and right, and how they handled the Thomas situation. Obviously you can say they made the right decision with Thomas, but players around the league obviously don't perceive it that way and that isn't insignificant.

Lakers image is great, because of our fans and how our organization treats its players, but I digress.... we aren't gonna see eye to eye on any of this, so its kind of pointless to keep going at this point. I see your optimistic outlook for the Celtics and I won't say its not warranted cause I like Brown and love Tatum, but I just see problems.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

When did I say not trading those guys helps or hurts your image around the league?

Your image is bad because of past history with Celtics fans which I won't get into, Danny Ainge shipping players off left and right, and how they handled the Thomas situation. Obviously you can say they made the right decision with Thomas, but players around the league obviously don't perceive it that way and that isn't insignificant.

Lakers image is great, because of our fans and how our organization treats its players, but I digress.... we aren't gonna see eye to eye on any of this, so its kind of pointless to keep going at this point. I see your optimistic outlook for the Celtics and I won't say its not warranted cause I like Brown and love Tatum, but I just see problems.

why do i care about lakers image? i haven't said anything about the lakers. they've made good moves. they will be top contenders. not arguing celtics vs lakers. 

you posted tweets about simmons not realizing the celtics image around the league but you personally said the celtics should have traded kyrie, horford, hayward. 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

why do i care about lakers image? i haven't said anything about the lakers. they've made good moves. they will be top contenders. not arguing celtics vs lakers. 

you posted tweets about simmons not realizing the celtics image around the league but you personally said the celtics should have traded kyrie, horford, hayward. 

I mean, Isaiah Thomas' comments about the C's were scathing.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, Isaiah Thomas' comments about the C's were scathing.

i am sure players were sour about the isaiah trade. it was a good gamble, not one i agreed with, i was vehemently against trading for kyrie but i understand why they did it. but it isn't like thomas didn't put the Cs in that position with his constant comments about getting paid/brinks truck. he wasn't going to be with the celtics regardless and in hindsight from a purely basketball stand point, it was the right move given how we've seen isaiah thomas decline since. 

• Like 1

why do i care about lakers image?

Never said you did.

i haven't said anything about the lakers. they've made good moves.

Alright fair enough, but I just made the comparison since we are going back and forth about this subject and we fans of rival teams.

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

but you personally said the celtics should have traded kyrie, horford, hayward. 

Yes, because if they want to leave for another situation, then try and get some assets for them if you can.

But, @11sanchez11 was right. I've probably set a record for the most posts on this sub-forum in a 5 day span since FA started on the 20th and I need to chill out and catch up on some sleep and stop checking my phone lol. I was way too into this free agency. The amount of times I refreshed twitter is ungodly.

Plus, like I said we aren't gonna see eye to eye on any of this it seems. We both know where we stand.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

5 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Agreed but both are better than MIL's, I think

If I'm NO there is nothing I want less than a not top 50 player making 30 mil a year for the next 3/4 years. That's a franchise crippling move. I would want absolutely no part of that Boston deal. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

i am sure players were sour about the isaiah trade. it was a good gamble, not one i agreed with, i was vehemently against trading for kyrie but i understand why they did it. but it isn't like thomas didn't put the Cs in that position with his constant comments about getting paid/brinks truck. he wasn't going to be with the celtics regardless and in hindsight from a purely basketball stand point, it was the right move given how we've seen isaiah thomas decline since. 

Okay, so we can see eye to eye on a few things.... progress!

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

If I'm NO there is nothing I want less than a not top 50 player making 30 mil a year for the next 3/4 years. That's a franchise crippling move. I would want absolutely no part of that Boston deal. 

I already addressed this, I would only want Hayward as an expiring. I think the BOS picks are more valuable than picks 7 years down the line, though.