2020 NBA Offseason Thread

11sanchez11

9 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

You don't get Hayward as an expiring though. So he's either not part of the deal or a massive negative. 14/26/30 in this trash draft could pretty easily be less valuable than 3 firsts and 2 swaps spread over x amount of years.

Griffin is obviously trying to amass assets for trades down the line when our young guys are in their prime. The supposed Boston deal is trash. Atlanta one is best but I haven’t seen any reputable sources reporting that

• Like 3

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Yes, wasted potential.  Remember how many offseasons we heard about the pick the following year was going to be super-valuable trade asset?  The Grizz pick that some on here were future top-5 picks.  That picked turned out to be 14, which the C's turned into Aaron Nesmith.  In 2019, the Celtics acquired the Kings' pick which was supposed to be a sure-fire top 5 pick.  It turned out to be 14, which turned into Romeo Langford who averaged 11.6 MPG this year.  Ainge has had a treasure trove of assets that most GMs would dream of, and he's really done a remarkable job of doing just enough.

I mean you can’t blame Danny or Celtics fans for being excited about those picks. Sacramento somehow found a way to be decent the ONE year the Celtics had their pick. The Grizzlies got better way faster than anyone expected. It’s not like it was unrealistic to expect those picks to be early so I’m not really sure what you’re point is? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Guess I'm the only one who would prefer a lottery pick to Bledsoe being the biggest asset coming in

1) I don’t think the Atlanta offer was real

2) Bledsoe wasn’t the get done I don’t get why you keep saying this... he was clearly to match salaries 

3) Its Milwaukee. If Giannis does leave those picks are all top 10 most likely. Giannis and Jrue are both FAs. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Current picks are always more valuable than picks down the line, especially picks 7 years down the line. You could have certainly gotten Hayward as an expiring given at the time, it was not known if Hayward was opting in or out. Obviously my logic hinges on that. 

Big disagree tbh. The Pelicans are playing it slow, like they should. A bunch of rookies in a mediocre draft doesn’t help them. Milwaukee could be an absolutely dumpster fire again in a few years, and then when Ingram and Zion are in their prime you’re still adding lottery talent to the team OR using those picks to acquire a star.

• Like 2

Lakers knew all along that getting Deng's remaining salary removed would be difficult.

Magic got it granted for Mozgov after he went and played in Russia. 

Deng went and played in Minny for 22 games which is under the 25+ games for disqualification, so they had a chance.

But, I think they would've needed to be able to prove that during his time here before Minny there was a medical reason that forced him into retirement and if they didn't have enough or anything to prove that, then it wasn't gonna get approved. No harm in trying though. Worst that could happen is the league says no and that is exactly what happened.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Honestly if we were the Magic or another team there is a good shot the league approves it.

Lakers fans shouldn't be upset though. We knew this likely wasn't getting approved.

This is a very small thing and we were stupid enough to sign him to that deal in the first place, so can't say we don't deserve this lol...... thanks Mitch & Jim!

Deng will now come off the books in 2022. He'll get 10 million from L.A. over the next 2 years.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Deng was an annoying player to watch. Glad he's still annoying some fanbase.

Kobe wanted to leave the Lakers to go play with a 22 year old Deng lol.

Almost happened eventually, but Kobe retired the season before he came to the Lakers.

But, yeah... Deng wasn't super fun to watch. Underrated and good player in his prime though.