The Replacements vs The Replaceables (0-3 Broncos @ 0-3 Jets)

lomaxgrUK

Broncos Injury Report:

Attaochu - out
Lock - out
Davontae Harris - questionable
Lindsay - questionable

Calitro - IR
Casey - IR
Wilkinson - IR

Scouting Report

So this game is going to show popular the NFL is, because nobody in their right mind would watch this if you weren't a fan of the Broncos or Jets.

Everything I know about the Jets is from the internet. I haven't seen a single game. However, the internet tells me .....

The Jets have the fewest 1st down receptions in the league and the worst percentage of attempts to receptions ratio.
The Jets have ran the 3rd fewest total Offensive plays.
The Jets have the joint 4th least successful 3rd down plays.

The Jets have have allowed the 2nd best completion percentage on Defense.
However, they have only given up 7 plays of 20+ yards (2 more than the Texans who lead the league).

I know stats don't tell you the full story, but from what I can see, their Offense looks terrible and their Defense looks middle of the road.

The funny thing is, we're actually pretty bad of most of the categories above too. I fear that we just can't get after the passer at all without scheming pressure, so if Darnold can spot the blitzes he may have success.

If he can't then it's going to be a 13-10 slugfest.

On offense you just have too much talent still there to not put up points even with an UDFA QB making his 1st start. A steady dose of Gordon, Jeudy, Fant and Hamler should be enough for you guys. Our offense can't score (only 1 legit TD through 3 games, 2 garbage time TDs). You have 1 person you need to worry about in an injured Crowder. Take him out and you will win comfortably.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

On offense you just have too much talent still there to not put up points even with an UDFA QB making his 1st start. A steady dose of Gordon, Jeudy, Fant and Hamler should be enough for you guys. Our offense can't score (only 1 legit TD through 3 games, 2 garbage time TDs). You have 1 person you need to worry about in an injured Crowder. Take him out and you will win comfortably.

What happened to Herndon ? Thought he had top 5 te upside

42 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Has a lot of good traits that he showed as a rookie. And had a good relationship it appeared with Darnold. Missed the whole season last year bc if suspension and injury. This year Gase hasn’t used him properly. With how little of weapons we have, he should be featured. But isn’t. That’s no suspense to us Jets fans though... bc we know Gase is just awful at this game called football.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

4 words:  injuries and Adam Gase.   

They’ve had him blocking for 30+ percent of the pass plays with all their guys out.   When they have multiple blocking TE’s active.   They use no pre snap motion.   That’s all Gase.  

• Like 1