The other NFL games week #4

Iron_man

It's Thursday my friends and that means its football night. Looks like we got us a real barn burner of a game with the Broncos vs the Jets. The Battle of the 0-3's. Driskel vs Darnold.

Does darnold have what it takes to throw 2 pick 6's this week like last week? I'm joking of course.

Who will come out the victor? Or will this be the second tie of the season?

Sunday Early:Charger vs Bucs, Colts vs Bears, Ravens vs Washington, Jaguars vs Bengals, Browns vs Cowboys, Vikings vs Texans, Saints vs Lions, Seahawks vs Dolphins, Cardinals vs Panthers
Sunday Late: Giants vs Rams, Bills vs Raiders
Sunday Night Football:Eagles vs 9ers
Monday Night Football:Falcons vs Packers
Any games you guys plan on watching?

I think about 95% of the survivor field in NFL General is picking the Rams this week (myself included). I will never root for the Giants but part of me wants it to be close. 

I will put Redzone on in the late window when the Patriots are on a breaks or it gets out of hand so I can check out Allen live for the first time this season.

As for the early window - I will watch the Bucs game and maybe Saints vs Lions just to see if Brees really is the problem.

• Like 1

Seeing Darnold.. it's amazing to see how far he has fallen out of favor, I remember Jets fans thinking he would be a top 3 QB in the AFC within 3 years. 

Given that Newton will likely only be with the Patriots for one year, I find many of these QBs on bad teams really intriguing. We could easily see their teams giving up on them for a top 5 pick quarterback and I could easily see BB wanting to grab a QB for cheap instead of spending a mid 1st rounder on a QB after the top 2 guys are gone. 

Sam Darnold could be a reclamation project, same with Gardner Minshew .. I think the Patriots would do really well with Minshew tbo.. and he could easily be traded if the Jags grab Lawrence / Fields

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 12:05 PM, scottishpatriot said:

I think about 95% of the survivor field in NFL General is picking the Rams this week (myself included). I will never root for the Giants but part of me wants it to be close. 

I will put Redzone on in the late window when the Patriots are on a breaks or it gets out of hand so I can check out Allen live for the first time this season.

As for the early window - I will watch the Bucs game and maybe Saints vs Lions just to see if Brees really is the problem.

I've gone for Dallas to beat Cleveland.

.....in hindsight, I'm pretty sure it was picking Dallas that got me eliminated last year.....

Coaches getting fired:

Matt Nagy

Bill O'Brien

Matt Patricia

Adam Gase

Vic Fangio

Doug Marrone

Dan Quinn

Retire:

Pwte Carroll

Replaced by:

Brian Daboll - Bears

Robert Saleh - Broncos

Matt Eberflus - Jaguars

Eric Bieniemy - Jets

Steve Spagnuolo - Lions

Mike McDaniel - Texans

Arthur Smith - Falcons

Josh McDaniels - Seahawks

Yeah I went down to dinner at the half with the Buccaneers down big but I did think they would get it together and pull it out. A couple of long TDs with questionable coverage made Herbert look even better than he was (still a lot better than anyone thought after this number of starts). I think Tampa Bay will live and die by that secondary. Every other unit looks good (provided Arians learns not to run it up the middle on just about every first down). 

I box-score watched the Giants/Rams game. Seems odd that it could be so close with Jones having the worst DYAR out of anyone. Strange game. 

Hoyer and Stidham were 3rd and 4th worst respectively which is impressive given they shared the snaps. Add the DYAR together and the Patriots had -142 DYAR. 

I don't know whether the loss is more or less painful than one where they got beaten by 30 points. It seems from the post-game chat that they were the better team and a bit of bad luck, a bad call and an Edelman catch from stunning the Chiefs in an unprecedented fasion. (Having said that I haven't watched it yet as it started at midnight my time). 

I dont think the BBC reporters watched it either though as the headline is all about Mahomes and Hill.