TNF: Broncos at Jets (Trevor Lawrence Bowl)

Twizlers

Denver Broncos (0-3) at New York Jets (0-3)
MetLife Stadium - Thursday at 8:20pm ET

When was the last time that in Week 4, we had 2 fanbases of teams going against each other that are going to be happy if the other team wins?

Funnily enough, this game isn't even the only game this week where two 0-3 teams are battling it out (see Vikings @ Texans on Sunday).  But somehow it is looking like the Jets and Broncos both have a legit shot at getting the #1 overall pick this year.  Sam Darnold has looked lost this season, and the Broncos have a QB making his first career start in Brett Rypien.  Both teams are talent starved, albeit the Broncos largely due to injuries.  Both offenses expect to be simply awful.  

Who is going to win tonight?  Is anyone even going to watch this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

I'm not as high on Lock as some others, but this is still pretty disrespectful toward him

Unless you have a possible HoF QB on your roster, you are drafting Trevor Lawrence.  The good news for Lock is that he will be coming back from his injury this year so he will likely win the Broncos some games and make that conversation irrelevant, but still fun to speculate.

22 minutes ago, FinSting said:

(We do not need Trevor Lawrence in the AFC East). 

Trevor Lawrence... With Cortland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, KJ Hamler, Noah Fant and Albert O.

Yeah, go Broncos. The NFL doesn't need the Broncos to get Lawrence.

• Like 2

I have no idea who wins this one... if it was in Denver I’d def say Broncos as I think they are the better team, even without Lock, but not by much. West coast team traveling to east coast when the Broncos are better but not that much better, basically a coin flip game. 

I’ll say 20-16 Broncos win. 

I’d actually predict the Jets if they were starting Driskel, but I actually thnk Rypien is a NFL Caliber Fringe Starter/Very Quality Backup. I had him graded as a Early 4th Round Pick back in the 2019 Draft and liked him a lot. I was pretty shocked when he went undrafted. 

Rypien will have a solid game tonight.