Week 4: WFT (1-2) vs. Ravens (2-1) 1 PM on CBS

MikeT14

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

I desperately want a win this Sunday. Unfortunately, that is not very likely. At the very least - I will be interested to see how Haskins responds to his porous showing the prior week.

Sounds like Rivera is done playing the supportive coach and has now started really putting pressure on him to see if he responds to that.  

Baltimore has some real talent in their secondary.  It is going to be a tough game for Haskins to break out in.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

OU number of missed tackles by Apke against Lamar? I'll start at 3.5

Here’s my problem with the question. Apke shouldn’t be tackling Lamar that often if the rest of our defense does it job. If our front 10 (corners and Landon Collins included) does their job, Apke shouldn’t have to tackle Lamar that often, bc I guarantee you if Apke is put in the position to have to make around 10 tackles our other 10 guys in front of him haven’t done their jobs correctly and we are getting killed by the Ravens rushing attack.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Just keep drafting injury prone players. They’ll magically not get injured in the pros! Ugh 🤦‍♂️ 

Hopefully it’s not serious and he’s back in November and correct me if I’m wrong but he hasn’t been active all year has he?

Doesn’t really hurt the team at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Here’s my problem with the question. Apke shouldn’t be tackling Lamar that often if the rest of our defense does it job. If our front 10 (corners and Landon Collins included) does their job, Apke shouldn’t have to tackle Lamar that often, bc I guarantee you if Apke is put in the position to have to make around 10 tackles our other 10 guys in front of him haven’t done their jobs correctly and we are getting killed by the Ravens rushing attack.

It was a tongue in cheek question but you do have valid points on why it should be under.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Hey Dwayne, this weekend we’ve got the Ravens and their #3 ranked defense coming off an embarrassing national TV loss. Looks like you’ll have an OL consisting of Christian, Martin, Roullier, Schweitzer, and Lucas, and we’re gonna go with Logan Thomas and Dontrelle Inman as the only receivers who’ve caught more than 5 passes in the NFL.

Anyway, best of luck! And remember, your job’s on the line, so don’t blow it 👍🏼

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It was a tongue in cheek question but you do have valid points on why it should be under.

Yeah, I realize it was tongue and cheek and don’t get me wrong, I’m taking the over but it also shouldn’t have to be if the 10 guys in front of him do their jobs.

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

Hey Dwayne, this weekend we’ve got the Ravens and their #3 ranked defense coming off an embarrassing national TV loss. Looks like you’ll have an OL consisting of Christian, Martin, Roullier, Schweitzer, and Lucas, and we’re gonna go with Logan Thomas and Dontrelle Inman as the only receivers who’ve caught more than 5 passes in the NFL.

Anyway, best of luck! And remember, your job’s on the line, so don’t blow it 👍🏼

McKissic and Jeremy Sprinkle say hi!

Point taken though, yes, we know we don’t have a lot of talent at receiver. It is what it is. They have a plan to see these young playmakers play, develop and then determine what they want to do next offseason.

What’s up with Terry? I didn’t hear he had an injury but I do remember something during the Browns game where he got popped.

McKissic and Jeremy Sprinkle say hi!

Point taken though, yes, we know we don’t have a lot of talent at receiver. It is what it is. They have a plan to see these young playmakers play, develop and then determine what they want to do next offseason.

What’s up with Terry? I didn’t hear he had an injury but I do remember something during the Browns game where he got popped.

What Young playmakers? What am I missing? Who am I missing? 

32 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What Young playmakers? What am I missing? Who am I missing? 

Really? Don’t be deliberately obtuse. You know we have some young talent. 

Terry, Gibson & Sims Jr. They’re young, they have talent, especially Terry & Gibson have looked good this season, most people think they need to get them both the ball more. Terry is averaging almost 17 yards per catch & is on pace for 85 receptions. Gibson is averaging 4.5 ypc, he needs more carries - which should help Haskins/our passing game by taking pressure off him - and Gibson can do even more in the passing game then how they’re using him now.

Sims, Jr. has been in a funk for some reason and he’s also been playing with a toe injury which is why he’s out this week. He showed last year of his potential to be a good to great slot WR though.

Edited by turtle28

Really? Don’t be deliberately obtuse. You know we have some young talent. 

Terry, Gibson & Sims Jr. They’re young, they have talent, especially Terry & Gibson have looked good this season, most people think they need to get them both the ball more. Terry is averaging almost 17 yards per catch & is on pace for 85 receptions. Gibson is averaging 4.5 ypc, he needs more carries - which should help Haskins/our passing game by taking pressure off him - and Gibson can do even more in the passing game then how they’re using him now.

Sims, Jr. has been in a funk for some reason and he’s also been playing with a toe injury which is why he’s out this week. He showed last year of his potential to be a good to great slot WR though.

Sims Jr has been in a funk because he’s an undrafted free agent who’s playing like one. He’s a good role player when the attention is on Terry but he hasn’t done much this year and now he’s out. Gibson is, well I don’t really know what Gibson is? He seems talented but I think we’re trying to take a receiver and make him a RB. He should be lining up opposite McLaurin instead of in the backfield. So essentially we have McLaurin and not much else. Hopefully we’re good enough to not pick in the top 5 so we can go after Pitts. 

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Sims Jr has been in a funk because he’s an undrafted free agent who’s playing like one. He’s a good role player when the attention is on Terry but he hasn’t done much this year and now he’s out. Gibson is, well I don’t really know what Gibson is? He seems talented but I think we’re trying to take a receiver and make him a RB. He should be lining up opposite McLaurin instead of in the backfield. So essentially we have McLaurin and not much else. Hopefully we’re good enough to not pick in the top 5 so we can go after Pitts. 

So, Sims having 4 TDs the final 3 games of last year was a fluke? Go watch his film, watch his route running, he gets open on almost every play, he can play. To say he can’t play is just being blind to the truth. He’s on pace for 60 catches plus this year.

Steven Sims JR| Official 2019-2020 Highlights| UnDrafted Free Agent 🔥 Gonna miss this guy this weekend. I hope he gets healthy soon.

https://youtu.be/O5TRoiO31Os via @YouTube

Again, 4.5 ypc for Gibson & 2 TDs in his first NFL games proves Gibson is a good running back with a lot of potential to be a good all around back for a while for us. Adrian Peterson has yet to score this season.

Gibson just needs more touches, they all 3 need more touches tbh.

We should be 2-1, we lost last week mostly bc of Haskins’s mistakes. We shouldn’t be blaming these young playmakers for Haskins throwing 3 bad interceptions in the Browns game.

Without those 3 interceptions we win the game and yes, on every one of those ints there was someone else open on the play but Haskins locked into where he was going pre-snap, or he starred down his WR and didn’t go to his 2nd read after the snap when things weren’t there.

We should’ve beaten the Browns and the plays were there to made for Haskins to deliver that victory but he made mistakes and didn’t. That’s on him, he has the playmakers - sure they could be better - but they played well, heck Inman had 2 TD catches.

Edited by turtle28