Week 4: WFT (1-2) vs. Ravens (2-1) 1 PM on CBS

MikeT14

20 hours ago, e16bball said:

Hey Dwayne, this weekend we’ve got the Ravens and their #3 ranked defense coming off an embarrassing national TV loss. Looks like you’ll have an OL consisting of Christian, Martin, Roullier, Schweitzer, and Lucas, and we’re gonna go with Logan Thomas and Dontrelle Inman as the only receivers who’ve caught more than 5 passes in the NFL.

Anyway, best of luck! And remember, your job’s on the line, so don’t blow it 👍🏼

Plus you forget, Rivera has also told Haskins-

"Listen here qb1, you need to play well and win quickly.  I only got time for 55 minutes of football on sunday.  So win quick Dwayne!"

:)  

Rivera has really reversed course on the Haskins thing.  At this rate he might give more rope to the flailing Apke than Haskins.  

14 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Plus you forget, Rivera has also told Haskins-

:)  

Rivera has really reversed course on the Haskins thing.  At this rate he might give more rope to the flailing Apke than Haskins.  

I think Rivera can deal with losing and with Haskins not playing perfect while showing some positive signs but Haskins made the same mistake twice and didn’t learn from his first mistake last game.

Those two ints were nearly identical. It takes you back to when Gruden benched Kirk in 2014 for making the same mistake over the middle vs the Titans. You just can’t make that mistake over and over and be an NFL starting QB. Haskins has to be better than that and learn from his mistakes if he wants to keep his job.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think Rivera can deal with losing and with Haskins not playing perfect while showing some positive signs but Haskins made the same mistake twice and didn’t learn from his first mistake last game.

Those two ints were nearly identical. It takes you back to when Gruden benched Kirk in 2014 for making the same mistake over the middle vs the Titans. You just can’t make that mistake over and over and be an NFL starting QB. Haskins has to be better than that and learn from his mistakes if he wants to keep his job.

Or Rivera could recognize he has a second year pro, who’s played in 10 games and has gone through three systems and has crap all to work with. I mean, if we’re holding Haskins to some impossible standard this quickly then Rivera should be right there with him. He completely failed the off-season and others can give him a pass for it but I won’t. He botched things big time and at least Haskins hasn’t quit. Rivera has twice already. 

If this was Rivera’s plan then he should’ve just signed Cam. He can’t win without him anyway. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Or Rivera could recognize he has a second year pro, who’s played in 10 games and has gone through three systems and has crap all to work with. I mean, if we’re holding Haskins to some impossible standard this quickly then Rivera should be right there with him. He completely failed the off-season and others can give him a pass for it but I won’t. He botched things big time and at least Haskins hasn’t quit. Rivera has twice already. 

If this was Rivera’s plan then he should’ve just signed Cam. He can’t win without him anyway. 

I definitely think Rivera should give Haskins the entire season but at the same time as I said before when you watch the All-22 there are wide open receivers and Haskins isn’t seeing them, instead he’s throwing into coverage. Haskins has to see that on film, he has to learn and progress from week to week.

If I remember correctly you were all over former QBs like Alex Smith & Kirk for missing open WRs and when Kirk was young he threw into coverage at times and had some bad ints in 2013 & 14. Kind of odd you’re giving Haskins as pass.

Are people more interested in seeing our young WRs play more like AGG & Isaiah Wright?

Or, would you rather us go more two TEs w/ Sprinkle joining Thomas as our blocking TE and to then we can’t give Gibson 20 plus carries and near 30 touches overall including receptions?

Interesting game fact I just learned on my Sportacular app:

The All-time series between Baltimore & Washington is 3-3, but Washington has won the last 2 games - both wins delivered by Kikr Cousins - including a 16-10 win in Baltimore in 2016 when these two teams last met.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The All-time series between Baltimore & Washington is 3-3, but Washington has won the last 2 games - both wins delivered by Kikr Cousins - including a 16-10 win in Baltimore in 2016 when these two teams last met.

The 2012 game is where Haloti Ngata broke RGIII, so regardless of the scoreboard, I consider that game our biggest loss in 25+ years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

The 2012 game is where Haloti Ngata broke RGIII, so regardless of the scoreboard, I consider that game our biggest loss in 25+ years. 

So RG3 getting hurt in a game that we won bc of Cousins’s plays towards the end of the game is somehow this teams biggest loss in the last 25 years? Keep in mind that while RG3 was hurt that game, he didn’t totally tear his knee up until the Seattle playoff game, his head coach should have protected him from getting further injured.

I’d say the teams biggest loss in the last 25 plus years was when Jack Kent Cooke died and Snyder outbid John Kent Cooke to own the team, or the 1999 or 2005 losses in the Divisional Rounds of the Playoffs when if we won those games we would’ve gone to the NFC Championship Game. 

Edited by turtle28

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So RG3 getting hurt in a game that we won bc of Cousins’s plays towards the end of the game is somehow this teams biggest loss in the last 25 years? Keep in mind that while RG3 was hurt that game, he didn’t totally tear his knee up until the Seattle playoff game, his head coach should have protected him from getting further injured.

I’d say the teams biggest loss in the last 25 plus years was when Jack Kent Cooke died and Snyder outbid John Kent Cooke to own the team, or the 1999 or 2005 losses in the Divisional Rounds of the Playoffs when if we won those games we would’ve gone to the NFC Championship Game. 

This is why it was the biggest loss. He's not being literal in terms of W/L record. 

The way Griffin's knee hyperextended, I said at the time, that we should've shut him down the rest of the year and gotten him surgery on the knee. Right then.

We didn't. And there was no way of protecting him from what eventually happened. The knee was already unstable as a result of Ngata's hit. It was only a matter of time before he ripped the rest of the ligaments up.

I'm not absolving anyone else of blame either. Just saying that had he not gotten injured, we might have a different outcome in terms of this team.