Week 4: WFT (1-2) vs. Ravens (2-1) 1 PM on CBS

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He’s not a bad coach but Cam Newton is a phenomenal player. There’s no evidence that Rivera can win without Cam but this season has shown Cam can without Rivera. 

True, but we don’t have a large enough sample size of Rivera with a different starting QB who isn’t a back up or a QB who’s only started 11 games in his career to know if it was just Cam who made Rivera a good HC or what. And I’d also add that Rivera handled and coached Cam and his immaturity perfectly for a decade. Another HC may have lost his young talented player bc of his immaturity early on but Rivera was great with Cam, they were great for each other. That’s why Rivera’s players love him.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

I'll say this, there is visible growth as well as clear signs of things not changing. The growth is good from the standpoint of not making big mistakes, going through his progressions, not holding onto the ball too long and taking what is given to him. The not changing, his footwork is still not great, he senses pressure poorly and makes mental mistakes like not throwing to the endzone on 4th and goal.

I want us to roll with Haskins all year. I want to see him respond to bad games. I want to see him thrive when he has good games. I also want to see the coaching staff grow with Haskins. I think Turner called a poor game. Too many swing passes, no deep throws, give-up plays a plenty.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'll say this, there is visible growth as well as clear signs of things not changing. The growth is good from the standpoint of not making big mistakes, going through his progressions, not holding onto the ball too long and taking what is given to him. The not changing, his footwork is still not great, he senses pressure poorly and makes mental mistakes like not throwing to the endzone on 4th and goal.

I want us to roll with Haskins all year. I want to see him respond to bad games. I want to see him thrive when he has good games. I also want to see the coaching staff grow with Haskins. I think Turner called a poor game. Too many swing passes, no deep throws, give-up plays a plenty.

Well Done Applause GIF by MOODMAN

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I just want Haskins to get a fair shake. If he hasn’t improved by the end of the season or even mid season really you know we need to move on. Take Fields or Lawrence. 

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Ultimately for better or for worse this is the best case scenario for us

12 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Look at what Justin Herbert is doing right now as a rookie. So many QBs can come in and play well right away, but Dwayne still looks bad 

The league will adjust. It always does. 

Look at Daniel Jones, he tore the league up out of the gate and now he can’t do anything. Drew Lock was looking a bit the same before he got hurt. Kyler Murray was supposed to be the next in the MVP line of Mahomes and Lamar, now he’s been terrible in consecutive awful losses to the Lions and Panthers of all teams. Baker Mayfield, huge regression after the league got a book on him. Sam Darnold was never great, but he was 7-6 as a starter at age 22 and now looks likely to be replaced after a potential winless season. 

It’s really hard to play QB in the NFL. It takes a really long time to get good at it, unless you’re an extraordinarily gifted player. Your staff can protect you with gameplans that favor you for a little while, but eventually the other guys figure out what you’re doing. And it takes a while to learn whether you can adjust back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just want Haskins to get a fair shake. If he hasn’t improved by the end of the season or even mid season really you know we need to move on. Take Fields or Lawrence. 

If we get #1 (which I don’t think we will) Id sell it for a kings ransom in draft picks and probably take a mid round QB to compete. We aren’t 1 player away from competing, even if that player is a QB.

• Like 2