Week 4: WFT (1-2) vs. Ravens (2-1) 1 PM on CBS

MikeT14

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

If we get #1 (which I don’t think we will) Id sell it for a kings ransom in draft picks and probably take a mid round QB to compete. We aren’t 1 player away from competing, even if that player is a QB.

I think we should trade back almost anyways. Get a lot of picks and build this roster up

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Without a solid O-Line he would be the equivalent of Patrick Ramsey. I'd rather build a team around who we got and if they can't succeed with a strong supporting cast, then you replace the QB. (In this scenario the new QB would inherit a functional team rather than the dumpster fire we have up front.)

I realize this is against the rules of the instant gratification NFL, but you don’t have to play him from day one. 

And I realize this appears to be against the rules of GM Ron Rivera, but you’re allowed to sign competent OL in free agency too. You don’t have to use the draft or the dregs of the FA market to fill out your whole roster.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Player of the game easily Antonio Gibson with 128 yards (46 rushing, 82 receiving) and a TD. 

If we can keep hitting on our 3rd round picks like we have the last two years & with Fuller we might be onto something!

Of course we have to fix that 2nd round problem, that’s holding us back.

We have paid enough second round Karma honestly we gotta hit that huge this year!!! 

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:
51 minutes ago, Woz said:

With that folks, I'm going to go take a walk with my wife.

Is that code for something?

Yes. A code that translates as "I went for a walk with my wife."

10 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Haskin had time today and we can find a stop gap LT

You cant pass up Lawrencr and hebcan actually move around

I don’t think we’ll end up with the #1 pick, but yeah if we do we’ll be taking Lawrence.

The question will be if we pick in the 2-10 range do we take a QB and trade Haskins for likely a 2nd round pick - or worse pick? Or, do we take a LT like Sewell, a playmaker like Chase, Pitts or Waddle or a LB like Moses or Parsons?

That all depends on how Haskins progresses the final 12 games of this season. This is just his 4th game in this offense, even the HC said he expects it to take a year and a half for this offense to start looking like it should.

If Haskins continues to throw for 250 to 300 yards a game the rest of the season and has little turnovers like he has had in every one of his games he’s started since his first start and last week vs the Browns, I think it’s going to be hard to go away from him unless we have the #1 pick bc then you take Lawrence, but  that still depends on how Haskins plays the rest of this year.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

What I said last draft. But people want to buy jerseys rather than win.

There was no reason to trade back and miss on Chase. I think Haskins will even with 2 or 3 wins show that if he has time we can protect and get him help the logical choice would be trade back. We will be going into this draft with a generational pass rusher a Stud #1 WR and what looks like a really bright weapon out of the backfield. This OL class is way better throughout and from top to bottom. This TE class is light years ahead of what it’s been. And another good WR class. This is the year not last year with Chase or Joe. There were 2 amazing guys that you just don’t trade away from

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I realize this is against the rules of the instant gratification NFL, but you don’t have to play him from day one. 

And I realize this appears to be against the rules of GM Ron Rivera, but you’re allowed to sign competent OL in free agency too. You don’t have to use the draft or the dregs of the FA market to fill out your whole roster.

200.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think we’ll end up with the #1 pick, but yeah if we do we’ll be taking Lawrence.

The question will be if we pick in the 2-10 range do we take a QB and trade Haskins for likely a 2nd round pick - or worse pick? Or, do we take a LT like Sewell, a playmaker like Chase, Pitts or Waddle or a LB like Moses or Parsons?

That all depends on how Haskins progresses the final 12 games of this season. This is just his 4th game in this offense, even the HC said he expects it to take a year and a half for this offense to start looking like it should.

If Haskins continues to throw for 250 to 300 yards a game the rest of the season and has little turnovers like he has had in every one of his games he’s started since his first start and last week vs the Browns, I think it’s going to be hard to go away from him unless we have the #1 pick bc then you take Lawrence, but  that still depends on how Haskins plays the rest of this year.

Yeah we wont get the #1 pick but we prob should tradr down if we dont get it.

Draft ban LT, G and maybe that ND state wb if we can land him

Hell even Dak looks great

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If we didn’t somehow manage to beat the Eagles this would be the worst team in the league. We can’t score or even move the ball. We’re genuinely terrible. 

• Like 1