Week 4: WFT (1-2) vs. Ravens (2-1) 1 PM on CBS

MikeT14

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Not if you include the first half vs the Giants last year before he hurt his ankle and was then out for the year. In that half he was 12/15, 80%.

His game vs Buffalo last year he was 68%. He was also 68% complete vs the Eagles last year.

So, it’s the highest completion % for a game he finished in his career.

I’d call that progress, now we need to see more and more accuracy downfield. There were a few passes that could’ve been completed downfield if he had been more accurate.

Exactly he responded and we looked better collectively. The OL is still competing. Just not talented enough as a unit but they get out well on screens. But Haskins took a few more shots Terry was out there working it and Wright is starting to gain trust. I think we have 4 more games before we even start to see consistency as a group. Not upset the defense just spent a lot of time on the field without your best player. We looked better today I think Haskins just made the smart play. He showed he can hit deep passes. I think as the game slows down he will take more shots

Haskins wasn't good, but he wasn't bad...

On paper, 70%+ completion percentage, 300 yards passing, no TOs is very solid but not enough to keep us in the game. The inability to push the ball down the really limits the offense and makes it harder for the easy short/medium plays. In terms of responding to the horrible game last weekend and the week of questioning, I think he did a reasonable job given the circumstances. He should start the rest of the season no matter what.

I think a good line can make haskin into a top 15 QB he wont ever be top 10 but we can win some game if we build a line.

I want Lawrence but other teams like the Jete, Giants, Vikings and Texans will be worse than us.

Edited by Vladimir L

8 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

On paper, 70%+ completion percentage, 300 yards passing, no TOs is very solid but not enough to keep us in the game. The inability to push the ball down the really limits the offense and makes it harder for the easy short/medium plays. In terms of responding to the horrible game last weekend and the week of questioning, I think he did a reasonable job given the circumstances. He should start the rest of the season no matter what.

Dak hit 70% too. But had 502 yards and 4 tds... Garbage time stats and dumpoffs mean nothing.

He has to start trying to push the ball downfield even if it causes some errors. It was like he had no confident in doing so until down big and desperate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troublez said:

I liked what I saw out of Haskins- the team as a whole. If we had a real free safety...

Definitely need an upgrade at FS, it’s our weakest position right now. If only we had someone on the team who could upgrade that position... or two guys...

17 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Dak hit 70% too. But had 502 yards and 4 tds... Garbage time stats and dumpoffs mean nothing.

He has to start trying to push the ball downfield even if it causes some errors. It was like he had no confident in doing so until down big and desperate.

Dak is in his 5th season, Haskins hasn’t even played 16 games yet.

A lot of Haskins’s yards were not in garbage time. Most of the league does a lot of short passes nowadays, so why do we complain when our QBs do it?

This isn’t a new thing in regards to Haskins either. People always call our QBs check down charlies dating back decades, Haskins was executing the plays that were called in the same way that Kirk Cousins used to when he was here.

Edited by turtle28

13 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

He's got a new coaching staff in the COVID-19 season, a dreadful OL, nonexistent run game and 1 legitimate WR. He definitely needs to play better, but expectations need to be tempered. He played OK this game, not bad enough to get benched. Just needs to build off of this and hopefully the full playbook is opened up. I'm not a big fan of his, but he needs to be given a fair shot.

Edited by A TRAIN 89

24 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

The Office Thank You GIF

2 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

He's got a new coaching staff in the COVID-19 season, a dreadful OL, nonexistent run game and 1 legitimate WR. He definitely needs to play better, but expectations need to be tempered. He played OK this game, not bad enough to get benched. Just needs to build off of this and hopefully the full playbook is opened up. I'm not a big fan of his, but he needs to be given a fair shot.

My problem with him is that he has a lot of throws where you’re like, wow that was terribly inaccurate where did that come from.  Very Donovan McNabb like.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Your point is taken — but I’m willing to wager that if you gave him Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Elliott, a better OL, an offensive scheme he’s had a season to work within, and four more years of NFL experience, Haskins would have made a few more throws down the field too. 

It doesn’t happen in a vacuum. I agree with you that it seems like he’s giving up on the shots unless they’re wide open...but I also think being aggressive down the field is easier said than done.