Week 4: WFT (1-2) vs. Ravens (2-1) 1 PM on CBS

MikeT14

9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

This is why it was the biggest loss. He's not being literal in terms of W/L record. 

The way Griffin's knee hyperextended, I said at the time, that we should've shut him down the rest of the year and gotten him surgery on the knee. Right then.

We didn't. And there was no way of protecting him from what eventually happened. The knee was already unstable as a result of Ngata's hit. It was only a matter of time before he ripped the rest of the ligaments up.

I'm not absolving anyone else of blame either. Just saying that had he not gotten injured, we might have a different outcome in terms of this team.

So, losing a QB who wasn’t going to be able to play the he was playing that year forever is a bigger loss than losing Jack Kent Cooke and Dan Snyder buying the team?

We’re giving RG3 too much credit here.

Jack Kent Cooke not getting to inherit the team bc his dad didn’t keep it in the family has for the last 20 years ruined a once great franchise. That is a far greater loss than any one QB.

Edited by turtle28

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Are people more interested in seeing our young WRs play more like AGG & Isaiah Wright?

I think it will be a lot more of this than Sprinkle/Baugh and the run game. You can’t run on the Ravens by lining up and pounding it, not with guys like Brandon Williams and Calais Campbell clogging up the middle. At least I don’t you can do it with our line. 

If you’re gonna run the ball, I think you have to spread them out and hit them quickly. KC did a solid amount of this, and of course worked in a lot of misdirection to get Queen and the young safeties a step slow to the ball. It’s much easier to do when they fear the deep pass and the TE seam run — which they surely will not with us — but I think that’s how you have to do it. 

Spread them out, throw a lot of quick passes, try to get Terry on Peters for a shot at some big plays, and work Gibson on a wide variety of runs. Maybe you can control the ball a bit and keep them off-rhythm on offense. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, losing a QB who wasn’t going to be able to play the he was playing that year forever is a bigger loss than losing Jack Kent Cooke and Dan Snyder buying the team?

We’re giving RG3 too much credit here.

Jack Kent Cooke not getting to inherit the team bc his dad didn’t keep it in the family has for the last 20 years ruined a once great franchise. That is a far greater loss than any one QB.

Yes, I don't disagree.

But you're trying to introduce something that was not in discussion.

@e16bball was talking about the all-time series with Baltimore, and what resulted on the field.

Did Baltimore cause JKC to pass away? Or get Snyder in as owner?

Again, I agree with you on one of the greatest losses of this franchise. But in terms of the Baltimore series, the RG3 injury is the greatest given that it put us on a course instead of developing him more in the offseason, we had to deal with him just getting back to be able to walk and run. And he still wasn't 100% all through the next season. Had he been shut down then, and surgery, he is back at the end of OTAs and all through Training Camp. His development could have continued. Remember, they intentionally did the offense that way to play to his skills. The plan was to develop him further. Not getting that injury ends up not hastening Shanahan's departure and we keep Mike Shanahan and some of the other coaches in-house rather than them leaving, etc... etc...

Now...all of that ^^^ is not to say that he WOULD have developed into a competent pocket QB. I have my doubts. But there's the missed chance dilemma here. Getting injured sealed his fate as a starting QB.

29 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Jason Campbell is doing a great job as an analyst on NBCSportsWashington, he should’ve been on this years ago instead of guys like Clinton Portis.

Is there anyway a kid from St. Louis could listen to that? Like an App?