Week 4: WFT (1-2) vs. Ravens (2-1) 1 PM on CBS

MikeT14

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I post from reporters. I post what reporters say. The videos I post are from Mark Bullock, he used to write and do the film review for the Washington Post, now he does for the Athletic. It’s quite sad that you don’t know who he is. He does an amazing job.

Ah reporters. The only thing I trust less than an American reporter is a spuddering fart.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Also, the two TD passes Lamar had to Andrews which Apke was late to get over in coverage w/ coverage over the top while  the LB had the underneath coverage. Also, on the 2nd TD Lamar had to Andrews, Andrews pushed off on KPL to gain more separation for the TD reception.

Surely, there is another FS besides Apke we can acquire or sign. He just can't play - period. No idea what his "floor" even is really, he is that bad.

4 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Surely, there is another FS besides Apke we can acquire or sign. He just can't play - period. No idea what his "floor" even is really, he is that bad.

I can’t imagine that DeShazor Everrett would be worse. As I’ve said in other posts, he’s a converted college corner, he has good ball skills from being a corner and is solid in coverage bc he played corner before we switched him to safety in his second season with us. He’s also a solid tackler, that’s why he’s stayed on the team so long bc he’s a solid special teams player.

And if we aren’t going to do that, the easiest thing is moving Fuller to FS. Fuller played well there for the Chiefs when they asked him to do that last year and we have other corners who a decent and certainly better options starting then keeping Apke at safety in Moreau & Moreland. It just makes too much sense to not make these moves, which is exactly why they don’t do them bc they’re stubborn! 😂 🤦‍♂️ 

https://theathletic.com/author/mark-bullock/

As he says in his bio, “If you want an international perspective on the skins, I’m your guy!”

As an English kid growing up playing cricket and soccer, I never thought my life would lead me to becoming such a football fanatic. Sure, I had spent a few years in my early childhood in the States, living just outside of Washington D.C., but back then I was more interested in baseball and basketball. It wasn’t until we had moved back to England and I caught some NFL games on TV as a teenager that I found my interest in football.

I followed casually for a few years and then around the time Mike Shanahan was hired as the head coach of the Washington Redskins I started to watch more regularly. My love of the game grew rapidly and my desire to know why certain plays happened intensified.

Edited by turtle28

15 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Again, fans of this team should not want the team making the playoffs this year. Whatever team makes it out of the NFC East will get thrashed in the first round (maybe the second if they're REALLY lucky), which will only damage their draft position.

They are in no way shape or form capable of contending this year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Again, fans of this team should not want the team making the playoffs this year. Whatever team makes it out of the NFC East will get thrashed in the first round (maybe the second if they're REALLY lucky), which will only damage their draft position.

It’s an odd post for a poster to post also who wants Trevor Lawrence in the draft. I mean do you want Lawrence or do you want Washington to replace Haskins with who? Kyle Allen? And that makes this team with bottom ten NFL talent a NFCE Division contender.

Funny note, I wanted to comment on that persons tweet so I clicked on it, when I did, it had been deleted or it wouldn’t let me go to it.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

3 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Other than it aligning with your belief that Haskins is trash, why should I bother with this Twitter rando?

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Doesnt matter. We will get 2 picks that start somewhere. While other spots age or move on. And we have just as many holes as when we started. Gearing up for a top 10, 2022 pick where were saying all the same things then, as we are now and have said for the past decade. Because nothing ever changes.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Other than it aligning with your belief that Haskins is trash, why should I bother with this Twitter rando?

I was just flooding the 1st random things I found to counter Turtles Spamming. Didnt matter what was said or anything.

And me think Jamarcus is trash? I mean. Outside of football yes thats what I think he is. But for games. Im the only person that picked us to beat the Ravens.

30 minutes ago, Woz said:

Right I remember the bills winning with Tyrod and couldn’t move the ball in the playoffs and they still managed to keep building that team!!! But we are going to get overtaken. Every other team in our division I think can win games. We’re not really close to winning we’re coming back and teams are scoring on us at will

basically I just don’t think we have to worry about being in the division battle. But who knows it could be a division winner with 3 at this point 😂😂

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Doesnt matter. We will get 2 picks that start somewhere. While other spots age or move on. And we have just as many holes as when we started. Gearing up for a top 10, 2022 pick where were saying all the same things then, as we are now and have said for the past decade. Because nothing ever changes.

Well, yes.

This is the Washington franchise owned by Daniel Snyder after all.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Part of the issue is the progress he already made at the end of last season which seemed to regress into the beginning of this season.

This is probably due in no small part to a combined factor of not having an offsesason of which to speak of with a brand new coaching staff and offensive game plan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Apke sucks.

I'd rather just admit Collins as a loss and cut him or trade him than continue to pay all that money to try him at a new position he might or might not succeed at. What a bust of a FA signing. 

Also, these ... Collins is what I feared he was: a guy who capitalized on a contract year and they paid top dollar for.