Lazard has surgery

beardown3231

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Keeping in mind we traded up to take Love,

Tee Higgins - 8 receptions, 75 yards,  2 touchdowns.
Michael Pittman Jr - 9 receptions, 75 yards.
Laviska Shenault - 11 receptions, 105 yards, 1 TD.
MVS - 8 receptions, 165 yards, 1 TD.
Lazard - 13 receptions, 254 yards, 2 TD.

It only gets worse after that. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&year_min=2020&year_max=2020&season_start=1&season_end=1&pos[]=wr&draft_year_min=1936&draft_year_max=2020&draft_pick_in_round=pick_overall&conference=any&draft_pos[]=qb&draft_pos[]=rb&draft_pos[]=wr&draft_pos[]=te&draft_pos[]=e&draft_pos[]=t&draft_pos[]=g&draft_pos[]=c&draft_pos[]=ol&draft_pos[]=dt&draft_pos[]=de&draft_pos[]=dl&draft_pos[]=ilb&draft_pos[]=olb&draft_pos[]=lb&draft_pos[]=cb&draft_pos[]=s&draft_pos[]=db&draft_pos[]=k&draft_pos[]=p&c5val=1.0&order_by=rec

The only receivers this year that are looking truly pro ready and ready to take over games have been Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson.  Arguably, Jeudy is just being forced the ball.  He's had 28 targets, only 15 catches.  Granted, bad quarterbacks, but still.  That's kinda the reason I hate receivers.  What good is a great receiver if you've got a **** QB?

The fat is the Packers missed a receiver.  Nobody takes this into account when saying, "I don't know why they didn't take a receiver."

Well, who? 

Tee Higgins went 7 picks after we picked.  So 7 other teams didn't think he was worth taking there.
Michael Pittman went 8 picks after we picked.
Shenault went 16 picks after.

Then you look at the 2nd round. 

Could we have traded up for Denzel Mims?  Van Jefferson?  Sure, if a team wanted to trade up with us.  We've literally hinted that we tried to do just this.  Didn't work.

Even still, Mims has been injured, Van Jefferson has 5 catches.

There were 18 non-receivers drafted from the time we drafted Dillon to the time the next WR went off the board.

Meaning, there weren't any receivers worth taking 62nd overall.

You can't just say the Packers need to take a WR in a draft concept draft.  That's how this works.  You go into it with that mentality and you're ****ed. 

I'm so sick of hearing about how the Packers should have drafted a QB for the following reasons:

1. Injuries happen.  When Rodgers got hurt in 2017 and in 2013 y'all were saying the Packers should have drafted a better backup.  You're dumber than hell to blame the Packers for not knowing who was going to get injured.

2.  Lazard and MVS are right there with all the rookies in terms of yardage.  Their connection with Rodgers over two full seasons on the roster (or one with Lazard, can't remember) has them ahead of anywhere a rookie could possibly be with Rodgers.

3. The draft is a thing where other teams also want players.  We missed.  Simple as that.  We probably would have gone WR if Aiyuk was available in 1. 

Good stuff and spot on with everything you said.

Rodgers still hot about Kumerow.

Thought it was funny yesterday during his interview, he was specifically asked about trusting Malik Taylor and Shepherd, and he made a little dig towards Gute about it not mattering what Rodgers wants or who he trusts, and then he discussed at length how much he likes Shep, trusts him, etc. .....never mentioned Malik once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Well, who? 

Tee Higgins went 7 picks after we picked.  So 7 other teams didn't think he was worth taking there.
Michael Pittman went 8 picks after we picked.
Shenault went 16 picks after.

Then you look at the 2nd round. 

Could we have traded up for Denzel Mims?  Van Jefferson?  Sure, if a team wanted to trade up with us.  We've literally hinted that we tried to do just this.  Didn't work.

Even still, Mims has been injured, Van Jefferson has 5 catches.

Kinda of agree with what you are saying but you omitted the guy I wanted most in the draft from a WR perspective and who I do think Green Bay  were trying to trade up for and that was Chase Claypool who has had 151 yards so far.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Thought it was funny yesterday during his interview, he was specifically asked about trusting Malik Taylor and Shepherd, and he made a little dig towards Gute about it not mattering what Rodgers wants or who he trusts, and then he discussed at length how much he likes Shep, trusts him, etc. .....never mentioned Malik once. 

I'm beyond tired of Rodgers and his trust situation. Just throw to the open guy. 50/50 balls  i get. Guys are going to drop a few every now and then but you can't stop throwing to them if they're open.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Refugee said:

Shepherd has his QB and WR1 in his corner, they see a lot we don’t see in practice. I noted one good block he threw bunched up in trips in NO. I also noted his total meltdown against Detroit last year.  About as bad as you could possibly be without injuring someone with your incompetence.  Apparently he’s super dialed in on the playbook. Can his mind and body be that sharp when he’s In a game? I would love it to be so. 

Either way, heal up fast, Allen!

Yeah sucks bad for Lazard but we have something there with him which is good. Shepherd needs a chance is all he needs a couple easy receptions to get him included so if he is that next man up he just needs to get some confidence. I"m sure he remembers well what happened last year and just like others AR needs to get him a couple easy ones and I'm sure thereafter he'll be off and running. Next man up, I like what Shep may bring to the table a bit more short area speed and shiftiness.

1 hour ago, Gopackgonerd said:

We also forget we didn't know we were going to be without Funchess until 3 MONTHS after the draft. Our fans  just see our team in a bubble, every other team would be in a pickle too if they were potentially down their top 2 WRs 3 weeks into the season.

Hopefully ATL is down their #1 WR this week.....

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

What was the tweet? I think it was deleted

What about Robert Foster...

In any event, Atlanta's defense is still pretty bad and that team will need to go through a rebuilding phase quite soon so we shouldn't be worried about this week so much as the next...

6 hours ago, St Vince said:

This is huge. Allen was our most consistent wr after Adams. We're going to miss his blocking big time. Seen a video where he put a block on Cam Jordan like a Guard would. Lazard had Cam going backwards. Lazard is the best blocking receiver i've seen since Ed McCaffrey of the Broncos. On the bright side we now have TE's. They should take pressure off the receiving core. MVS,  this is his time. He is the number 2. No more excuses, time for him to produce on a more consistent basis. Teams are going to take Adams away so he better be ready when is number is called.

Hines Ward was great

• Like 1

Yeah the "we missed a receiver" thing is patently a-historical as well. The best you could say is we missed a WR three years in the future. Adams took three years, Jones took three, Jordy took a couple, Cobb took some as well. AR and rookie Wr's don't click. If we were drafting to "win", WR wasn't the pick given the board. 

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don’t think we even know the injury though? I was assuming it was a sports hernia or something.

That's what I figured it was as well.  

What is the recovery time for sports hernia surgery? Recovery occurs in phases. Ambulating without crutches after 1-3 days, light exercise including pool therapy in 1-2 weeks, light resistance training and jogging in 4 weeks, sport specific therapy at 6-8 weeks.

Today, 95% of athletes who have this procedure return to their sport. Movement can resume in as little as four to six weeks, while they can be back at their sport full speed within three months.

Edited by {Family Ghost}