Earl Thomas?

Silver

1 hour ago, Ryan_W said:

are any Safety(s) worth their contract anymore?

the top 10 are like 10+m/year

top 5 14m

are they just people who got signed to teams who had money laying around; it'd be a steal if they're still v. good in 5 years..

Honey Badger been great

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It actually was, to be honest.

But he's shown to be an entire locker room cancer who has walked out on 2 of the best franchises in the NFL. Nobody else wants to touch him right now.

This was why i wasn't sad to see him go as  a Seahawk fan he was starting to act like a jerk for whatever reason his last few years with the team.

Edited by Sacks98
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It actually was, to be honest.

But he's shown to be an entire locker room cancer who has walked out on 2 of the best franchises in the NFL. Nobody else wants to touch him right now.

Yeah people acting like he was an average player is some sort of revisionist history to explain away why he hasn’t been signed... that or an overreaction to the Titans game. He was definitely a good to great safety last season based on watching every game. He’s just not signed because he’s got a trash attitude. He’s a high end starting safety in this league based on his talent, but in a Covid-19 season, a guy with ETs mindset is just someone I wouldn’t be willing to trust operating for the betterment of the franchise and the NFL season. He’s going to do whatever he wants regardless of the consequences.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yeah people acting like he was an average player is some sort of revisionist history to explain away why he hasn’t been signed... that or an overreaction to the Titans game. He was definitely a good to great safety last season based on watching every game. He’s just not signed because he’s got a trash attitude. He’s a high end starting safety in this league based on his talent, but in a Covid-19 season, a guy with ETs mindset is just someone I wouldn’t be willing to trust operating for the betterment of the franchise and the NFL season. He’s going to do whatever he wants regardless of the consequences.

Never really thought about it in that context. Great observation.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Silver said:

Never really thought about it in that context. Great observation.

Yup. Just hearing about all the stories, he sounds like the Lou Williams type of guy, that puts his team in harms way because “Earl Thomas doesn’t see anything wrong with going to a strip club to pick up some wings.”

If I were his teammate, I wouldn’t trust a guy like that with seeking to reduce the spread. And if I can’t trust him to keep himself say, I’m definitely not trusting him to keep me (and by extension) my family safe.

I know this season might be supplied an asterisk by some depending upon the results, but I think the opposite, guys will really have to be the ultimate team and have each other’s backs and had to endure a lot to not only complete the season, but to complete it with a Super Bowl ring.