Sign in to follow this  
doumeyer

AMBER ALERT FOR CHRIS HERNDON

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I think you're right but he going into year 4 next year so its either he proves it or we have to move on. He also needs to catch the football. We need start holding the players accountable too. Gase and G Dubs aren't failing to see guys wide open down field or missing open targets, failing to hold their blocks, dropping passes, missing tackles etc. 

We have plenty of other positions to address.  We can afford to give Herndon another year with an actual coach that uses him in the pass game and gets him into a rhythm.

Sure guys should be held accountable and he isn't without blame but he's not in a position to succeed especially when we needed someone to catch passes with all the injuries.  Not getting him going is on the HC.  

You want to tell me he got 5 or 6 targets in the first half and he dropped 3 and it's a trust thing I'll by that but that's not the case.  

3 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

When your top 4 WRs and top RB miss time doesn't matter what team you are that hurts.

Perriman, Mims, Smith, Smith, Bell, Cager, Crowder all missed time.  That's like our entire WR core outside of Berrios and Hogan who was a last minute signing.

I don't know any teams that can ward that off and be happy with their weapons.  

Hell look at NO once Thomas went down.  They are missing him bad.  Now just think what it would be like if Thomas, Kamara, Sanders and Smith all went down.  

As bad as Sam has been it's incredible how many injuries we've had.

Take the top 3 WRs and their RB off any team and tell me who would have good weapons left?  The answer is none probably.

The issue is those guys really aren’t full time starters on any other team except Crowder and Bell but I honestly think Bell just isn’t the player he was. When your WRs are backup level to begin with injuries hurt you even more.

I agree the injuries are devastating but that’s no excuse to go into a season expecting Breshad Perriman to be your top WR.

8 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The issue is those guys really aren’t full time starters on any other team except Crowder and Bell but I honestly think Bell just isn’t the player he was. When your WRs are backup level to begin with injuries hurt you even more.

I agree the injuries are devastating but that’s no excuse to go into a season expecting Breshad Perriman to be your top WR.

Most 4th and 5th WRs are back up level on all teams.  We are no different.  There's no telling what the WR core along with TE and RBs together could have been because our QB is regressing, our HC is awful, and they're never seen the field together.

Doesn't matter what you WRs look like of they are all hurt.  Would it be nice to have Perriman as your 5th WR and not your 1st sure but that's just not realistic.

Sure hope the Jets, take a closer look at Jeff Smith, I don't know anything about the guy , but he put up some impressive stats against Denver,

He was targeted nine times and caught seven mid range passes for 81 yards, an avg. 11.6 ypc. All these losses have made me lazy  i am going to look Smith, now.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Sure hope the Jets, take a closer look at Jeff Smith, I don't know anything about the guy , but he put up some impressive stats against Denver,

He was targeted nine times and caught seven mid range passes for 81 yards, an avg. 11.6 ypc. All these losses have made me lazy  i am going to look up Smith, now.

Well that didn't take me long he went to catholic high school and went to Boston College. and we sign him after the draft he went undrafted. He did go to the draft combines. And the big thing he did at the combines was run a 4,29 in the 40 yard dash, that is fast.

Edited by doumeyer

53 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Well that didn't take me long he went to catholic high school and went to Boston College. and we sign him after the draft he went undrafted. He did go to the draft combines. And the big thing he did at the combines was run a 4,29 in the 40 yard dash, that is fast.

he didn't.   At Pro Day, he owned speedy numbers in 40y, 20s and 3 cone.   Very dynamic dual skill player.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2020/8/29/21398285/a-look-at-wr-jeff-smith

On 10/2/2020 at 12:11 PM, ekill08x said:

I think you're right but he going into year 4 next year so its either he proves it or we have to move on. He also needs to catch the football. We need start holding the players accountable too. Gase and G Dubs aren't failing to see guys wide open down field or missing open targets, failing to hold their blocks, dropping passes, missing tackles etc. 

This is the right answer 

Herndon has looked bad, but Gase doesn utilize Herndon at all. It feels like punching Gase when hes down, but there's no other explanation for Herndon disappearing and not being targeted for 75% of a game where our top receivers are braxton berrios and chris hogan. We have a complete imbecile of a coach and it shows