Sign in to follow this  
G08

Ready to Puke? Read it: THE BEARS, TRUBISKY AND THE FATEFUL 2017 NFL DRAFT

Hahaha will this nightmare ever end or what?

I really don't see the purpose of continuing to pile on Ryan Pace for this decision. It's done.  How many more times do we have to hear about this?

Seems like the media is putting their best effort forward to get Ryan Pace fired.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Hahaha will this nightmare ever end or what?

I really don't see the purpose of continuing to pile on Ryan Pace for this decision. It's done.  How many more times do we have to hear about this?

Seems like the media is putting their best effort forward to get Ryan Pace fired.

Only one thing will end it. It is staring us right in the face. #firepace

This makes more sense here,

I like how many Bears fans solution to the QB decision is to put Pace at the kid's table and let Nagy make the pick.

If you are putting your GM at the kiddy table for the biggest decision in the franchise why are you keeping him?

Great article and quite damning. It's clear Pace didn't do his homework and was pretty green on evaluating QBs. It's also very disturbing he had dinner with Mitch and couldn't see he didn't have "it." After having dinner with someone you can pretty easily tell if they have a personality that draws you in or one who is afraid of the spot light. 

I would have no problem with Pace being fired, but if he gets another shot - Nagy needs to be involved and he needs to be humbled and open to all QB options.

4 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Great article and quite damning. It's clear Pace didn't do his homework and was pretty green on evaluating QBs. It's also very disturbing he had dinner with Mitch and couldn't see he didn't have "it." After having dinner with someone you can pretty easily tell if they have a personality that draws you in or one who is afraid of the spot light. 

I would have no problem with Pace being fired, but if he gets another shot - Nagy needs to be involved and he needs to be humbled and open to all QB options.

I am not interested in a desperate GM, making desperate moves looking for a franchise QB, because he blew the first one in such historic fashion.

I thought there were some terrific nuggets in there. End result still sucks -- nothing changed -- but some fascinating insight.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am not interested in a desperate GM, making desperate moves looking for a franchise QB, because he blew the first one in such historic fashion.

Who says he'll be desperate? If Foles proves capable of being an above average starter for this team then there will be no rush to draft a QB high or give up the farm in a trade up for one.

I just realized Foles is only 31 years old. That's still relatively young in NFL QB terms. 

We may be facing the possibility that he will be the starter here for a while until they get lucky and a young talented player falls into their lap.

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

We may be facing the possibility that he will be the starter here for a while until they get lucky and a young talented player falls into their lap.

Wouldn't that be something?

31 is young in today's NFL. If he offers Nagy the chance to evolve his playbook two or three generations we might have something here. Big If, though. 

I'm finding my way to getting on board. Last week was weird, this week I'm getting anxious to see not only how Nagy's playcalls go but how our offense actually looks.

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Who says he'll be desperate? If Foles proves capable of being an above average starter for this team then there will be no rush to draft a QB high or give up the farm in a trade up for one.

I just realized Foles is only 31 years old. That's still relatively young in NFL QB terms. 

Look at Foles career. You are talking about a decade of proof that he isn’t that guy.

I read this earlier.

Am I the only one who always questions the validity of articles/reports where the author uses "anonymous sources"? 

I get the use of anonymity -- (the source doesn't wanna burn any bridges that may cost them in the future and the publishers/editors/writers reputations are on the line). But they could easily talk to Joe Blow on Delaware Ave and claim it was a quote from an inside source and how can anyone ever fact check it? 

But even that aside. This sounds like a bunch of guys stroking their own egos. 

I find it funny that every single one of these unnamed sources are claiming "they knew all along that Mitch would be a bust" and "were against it from the start", etc, etc -- I'm paraphrasing here but that's the jist of it. And not a single one of them said they were wrong about anything. Not wrong about Mitch, not wrong about any part of their participation leading up to the draft, at no any point during the process....none of it. 

I counted what sounded like about roughly 8-10 different people who were quoted and I have a hard time believing that all of them were right about Mitch and did nothing wrong at all. 

Now I'm not saying this entire article is BS but I do question whether this article has been slightly embelished. 

• Like 1

That said, who cares anymore.  The Mitch era is over. 

All I know is that Nick Foles is the 41st QB to start atleast 1 game in the last 41 years (since 1980).

We are cursed. 

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

All I know is that Nick Foles is the 41st QB to start atleast 1 game in the last 41 years (since 1980).

We are cursed. 

Is that right? Good freaking lord.

11 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

We are cursed. 

We aren’t cursed.

Incompetent, very very incompetent. Ownership all the way down.