Steve Bradley (1)
Steve Fuller (4)
Steve Stenstrom (7)
Todd Collins (1)
Vince Evans (16)
Will Furrer (1). 

9 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I read this earlier.

Am I the only one who always questions the validity of articles/reports where the author uses "anonymous sources"? 

I get the use of anonymity -- (the source doesn't wanna burn any bridges that may cost them in the future and the publishers/editors/writers reputations are on the line). But they could easily talk to Joe Blow on Delaware Ave and claim it was a quote from an inside source and how can anyone ever fact check it? 

But even that aside. This sounds like a bunch of guys stroking their own egos. 

I find it funny that every single one of these unnamed sources are claiming "they knew all along that Mitch would be a bust" and "were against it from the start", etc, etc -- I'm paraphrasing here but that's the jist of it. And not a single one of them said they were wrong about anything. Not wrong about Mitch, not wrong about any part of their participation leading up to the draft, at no any point during the process....none of it. 

I counted what sounded like about roughly 8-10 different people who were quoted and I have a hard time believing that all of them were right about Mitch and did nothing wrong at all. 

Now I'm not saying this entire article is BS but I do question whether this article has been slightly embelished. 

Not only that - these guys seem to be making the point that Mitch is a bust because he lacks intangible qualities like leadership and likability. It's obvious that's not the case. Mitch isn't a bust because he lacks the "It factor".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Not only that - these guys seem to be making the point that Mitch is a bust because he lacks intangible qualities like leadership and likability. It's obvious that's not the case. Mitch isn't a bust because he lacks the "It factor".

He is a bust because he can’t read defense and throw accurately down field.

• Like 2

I read this a few days ago when it came out. Nothing really new, i already knew he didn't win the starting job at UNC, we already knew Deshaun was considered the ultimate it factor guy, and we already knew Mahomes had the best arm(MLB pitching prospect).

I said this all from day one and pretty much what the article said, there was simply no reason to project that Mitch would be better than them.

Seriously, the BEST case scenario would be he turned out to be their equal. Guessing that he would be BETTER and giving up 5 picks to move up 1 spot was just moronic. 

But once again, i knew this on draft night.

On 10/3/2020 at 12:10 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

I read this earlier.

Am I the only one who always questions the validity of articles/reports where the author uses "anonymous sources"? 

I get the use of anonymity -- (the source doesn't wanna burn any bridges that may cost them in the future and the publishers/editors/writers reputations are on the line). But they could easily talk to Joe Blow on Delaware Ave and claim it was a quote from an inside source and how can anyone ever fact check it? 

But even that aside. This sounds like a bunch of guys stroking their own egos. 

I find it funny that every single one of these unnamed sources are claiming "they knew all along that Mitch would be a bust" and "were against it from the start", etc, etc -- I'm paraphrasing here but that's the jist of it. And not a single one of them said they were wrong about anything. Not wrong about Mitch, not wrong about any part of their participation leading up to the draft, at no any point during the process....none of it. 

I counted what sounded like about roughly 8-10 different people who were quoted and I have a hard time believing that all of them were right about Mitch and did nothing wrong at all. 

Now I'm not saying this entire article is BS but I do question whether this article has been slightly embelished. 

Definitely some revisionist history going on in this article. No talk about teams concerns about Watsons injuries for one. That was a big knock on him coming in to the draft. They also act like Trubisky wasn't ranked higher than Watson/Mahomes by most people prior to the draft. It sucks they made a bad choice, and it sucks it will be talked about forever but it just is what it is. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 11:27 PM, JAF-N72EX said:

Yes it is. Unfortunately.

Cade McNown (6)
Chad Hutchinson (5)
Chase Daniel (2)
Chris Chandler (7)
Craig Krenzel (5)
Dave Krieg (12)
Doug Flutie (1)
Erik Kramer (5)
Greg Landry (1)
Henry Burris (1)
Jason Campbell (1)
Jay Cutler (16)
Jim Harbaugh (2)
Jim McMahon (7)
Jim Miller (3)
Jimmy Clausen (1)
Jonathan Quinn (3)
Josh McCown
Kordell Stewart (7)
Kyle Orton (15)
Matt Barkley (6)
Mike Glennon (4)
Mike Hohensee (2)
Mike Phipps (6)
Mike Tomczak (7)
Moses Moreno
Nick Foles
Peter Tom Willis (2)
Rex Grossman (3)
Rick Mirer (3)
Rusty Lisch (1)
Shane Matthews (7)
Steve Bradley (1)
Steve Fuller (4)
Steve Stenstrom (7)
Todd Collins (1)
Vince Evans (16)
Will Furrer (1). 

I hated all those guys when choice was made excepting guys before I was of age like Flutie and Evans.

I think Flutie could have been good with right coach.  I think he proved that later in his career in NFL when he finally got a second chance and was most successful Canadian QB ever.  

I thought Cutler was interesting, but a football coach friend who lived in Denver convinced me we would regret it and he was right.  He was right about Fox too.  

I thought Barkley showed some promise when he played, and he did, but that quickly went away.

I thought MT was high ceiling, low floor.  Boom or bust.  Turned out bust.  (For record I thought Watson was good, but would be injured too much and I didn’t really look at Mahomes as no one outside this forum was touting him as a legit option at 3 - guess I will listen next time).  

I think Foles was a good decision given options. 

Ugh. Rick Mirer.  This is one I hated most.  

Bears traded the number 11 overall pick for an untalented bust QB, not some college player who you didn't know about. Someone who played in NFL for all to see.    

Worst trade I can remember.

• Like 1