Week 4 GDT: Saints (1-2) at Lions (1-2)

Karnage84

I forget what the odd forum rule is but since it's Saturday and nobody has been bothered enough, heres the gameday thread. 

Big news of the day - Michael Thomas has been ruled out. Also out for Sunday are: starting cornerbacks Marshon Lattimore (hamstring) and Janoris Jenkins (shoulder); tight end Jared Cook (groin); left guard Andrus Peat (ankle); and defensive end Marcus Davenport (elbow, toe).

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/article/saints-rule-michael-thomas-five-starters-vs-lions/

This is absolutely huge news for a Lions team that needs to go into the bye 2-2 to have any shot at salvaging this season. 

Edited by Karnage84

3 hours ago, LionArkie said:

Don't know what to think about this game. I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit sneaks a win here.

I agree.  I wouldn't be surprised to see you pull out the win.  The Lions have a lot more talent than last year's record would indicate.

• Like 1

The Saints got an unexpected surprise after they arrived in Detroit on Saturday night.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Saints learned late Saturday night that fullback Michael Burton tested positive for COVID-19.

While it’s possible that Burton’s positive is a false positive, the league and the Saints have commenced supplemental testing of players who were in close proximity to Burton. The league’s contact tracing identified three players. Four other players not identified via bracelets worn by the players were sitting near Burton on the plane, including running back Alvin Kamara.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/04/saints-get-positive-test-result-for-fullback-michael-burton-after-flight-to-detroit/

Considering how banged up the Saints are at the moment, I feel that this a game the Lions should absolutely win.  With that being said they normally fall flat in these situations, but I’m actually going to go against my better judgement and say they pull this one off.  I’m going to say Lions 27 – Saints 24.