Week 4 GDT: Saints (1-2) at Lions (1-2)

Karnage84

Despite a 'close loss' at the end, Patricia deserves to be fired. Double digit leads in all four games and still found ways to lose. This was domination from a Saints team that was wrought with injuries. We wouldn't have a hope in hell if they were healthier. 

6 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

What does a mid (early) season firing accomplish? I've been on the replace Patricia train for a while, but I don't see the point of a mid season firing.

when he consistently wont blitz the QB can't stop **** or any 3r down as well looks lost the entire game I'd rather have the special teams coach coach the rest of the season. Period and consistently BLOWS LEADS WITH HIS TRASH *** Defense!

8 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

What does a mid (early) season firing accomplish? I've been on the replace Patricia train for a while, but I don't see the point of a mid season firing.

On the other side of that argument, what is the point of keeping them? At least by firing them you might send the message that failure isn't tolerable forever

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

On the other side of that argument, what is the point of keeping them? At least by firing them you might send the message that failure isn't tolerable forever

The point in keeping Patricia is to allow him to continue to coach poorly for the rest of the season and get a better draft pick for the next regime. Firing him now might spark the team to a win or two that would accomplish nothing but securing worse draft position.

• Like 1

Stafford is the best QB the Lions have had by a mile in my lifetime, but that's not really saying a whole lot. I appreciate that he plays hard and is a warrior but in year 12 dude is still far too inconsistent and makes far too many mistakes you'd expect of a younger, inexperienced player, not a guy in his 12th season. I really hope Detroit is in position to draft a successor this offseason. 

34 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

The point in keeping Patricia is to allow him to continue to coach poorly for the rest of the season and get a better draft pick for the next regime. Firing him now might spark the team to a win or two that would accomplish nothing but securing worse draft position.

well, fair enough, i'm just saying that there is some point in firing them now. also points to be made for waiting a little longer. no argument to be made for keeping them into the future

30 minutes ago, cp0k2 said:

Stafford is the best QB the Lions have had by a mile in my lifetime, but that's not really saying a whole lot. I appreciate that he plays hard and is a warrior but in year 12 dude is still far too inconsistent and makes far too many mistakes you'd expect of a younger, inexperienced player, not a guy in his 12th season. I really hope Detroit is in position to draft a successor this offseason. 

Stafford is not the issue. Our offense is scoring points. Our defense cannot stop anyone. And that was suppose to be what Patricia holds his hat on. Our team has no identity and no fight or pride in them. When this is your roster, that falls on the coach. 

• Like 1