Week 4 GDT: Saints (1-2) at Lions (1-2)

Karnage84

19 minutes ago, LionArkie said:

For me, proven looks like this.
BQ - "I gave MP a good roster, he didn't make it happen"

Fords - "Fire MP and put in a different coach then and prove to me it was MP"

BQ fires MP, puts interim in place to prove it was MP and not the roster. He can't say it was the system because he already used that excuse with caldwell and it was BQ and MP's system.

Interim coach either wins or loses.  If he wins, then maybe BQ is good to go (I still want him gone). If the coach loses, BQ failed to prove he gave an effective roster and we start over in 2021.

I just don't think this season offers enough time for that type of proven.  I'd rather just lose out with our crap roster and let someone come in next year and start over.  Its been proven enough to me that Quin doesnt have an eye for talent or understand how to build a winning football team.  Mayhew had an 11-5 record the year before they let him go.  Albeit they were 1-7 the year he was fired but they ended up 7-9 so they figured it out that year.  Patricia and Quin have done nothing but get worse since.  They proved it already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I just don't think this season offers enough time for that type of proven.  I'd rather just lose out with our crap roster and let someone come in next year and start over.  Its been proven enough to me that Quin doesnt have an eye for talent or understand how to build a winning football team.  Mayhew had an 11-5 record the year before they let him go.  Albeit they were 1-7 the year he was fired but they ended up 7-9 so they figured it out that year.  Patricia and Quin have done nothing but get worse since.  They proved it already. 

Once again, I don't disagree. I am speaking more in terms if I was the Fords and making sure I wasn't pulling the trigger too early...which I would already feel I have enough evidence this was the case. At this point, I don't care if they fire both now, fire one of them now, or keep them until the end of the year.  In the end, i believe all those scenarios will turn out the same way.

On 10/5/2020 at 2:50 PM, diehardlionfan said:

He explained later that they went for it knowing they had another opportunity if they scored again.

But if they missed it, they would have been down 8 pts and IF they got into position to score again without giving up points, they would have needed the 2pt conversion just to tie. It was a boneheaded move. One of many from him. 

• Like 1

I thought the attempted 55 yard iirc, against the Bears was a stupid decision. 

At that point, it still would of been a 2 score game had he made it. Trubisky hadn't done much up that point. Punt, pin them deep and make them earn it. 

Was too frustrated to even bring this up yet. I don't care what he has degree's in; he's a moron of a head coach. 

14 hours ago, detroitroar said:

I thought the attempted 55 yard iirc, against the Bears was a stupid decision. 

At that point, it still would of been a 2 score game had he made it. Trubisky hadn't done much up that point. Punt, pin them deep and make them earn it. 

Was too frustrated to even bring this up yet. I don't care what he has degree's in; he's a moron of a head coach. 

It was the first game of the year without a pre-season. Prater has historically been near automatic at 55 yards. It was a 50/50 call and unfortunately it just didn't work out. We have been critical about the team playing things safe. I don't really place blame on them for attempting to add points on the board in a scenario that has typically been a gimme. 

6 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It was the first game of the year without a pre-season. Prater has historically been near automatic at 55 yards. It was a 50/50 call and unfortunately it just didn't work out. We have been critical about the team playing things safe. I don't really place blame on them for attempting to add points on the board in a scenario that has typically been a gimme. 

You have to factor in the score, time and situation. The risk didnt match the reward.